Having the cake and eating it too: efficient penalty clauses in Common and Civil contract law
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chung, Tai-Yeong, 1992.
"On the Social Optimality of Liquidated Damage Clauses: An Economic Analysis,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 280-305, April.
- Chung, T.Y., 1991. "On the Social Optimality of Liquidated Damage Clauses: An Economic Analysis," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9102, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Yeon-Koo Che & Tai-Yeong Chung, 1999. "Contract Damages and Cooperative Investments," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(1), pages 84-105, Spring.
- Steven Shavell, 1980. "Damage Measures for Breach of Contract," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(2), pages 466-490, Autumn.
- Georgakopoulos, Nicholas L., 1997. "Predictability and legal evolution," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 475-489, December.
- Klein, Benjamin, 1980. "Transaction Cost Determinants of "Unfair" Contractual Arrangements," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(2), pages 356-362, May.
- Aghion, Philippe & Bolton, Patrick, 1987. "Contracts as a Barrier to Entry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 388-401, June.
- Samuel A. Rea, Jr., 1984. "Efficiency Implications of Penalties and Liquidated Damages," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(1), pages 147-168, January.
- Stole, Lars A, 1992. "The Economics of Liquidated Damage Clauses in Contractual Environments with Private Information," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 582-606, October.
- Miceli, Thomas J., 1997. "Economics of the Law: Torts, Contracts, Property, Litigation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195103908, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anastassios Karayiannis & Aristides Hatzis, 2012. "Morality, social norms and the rule of law as transaction cost-saving devices: the case of ancient Athens," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 621-643, June.
- Chiara Fumagalli & Massimo Motta & Thomas Rønde, 2009.
"Exclusive Dealing: The Interaction between Foreclosure and Investment Promotion,"
2009.120, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Fumagalli, Chiara & Motta, Massimo & Rønde, Thomas, 2009. "Exclusive dealing: the interaction between foreclosure and investment promotion," CEPR Discussion Papers 7240, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- SALMON, Pierre & BRETON, Albert, 2005. "Bijural services as factors of production," LEG - Document de travail - Economie 2005-01, LEG, Laboratoire d'Economie et de Gestion, CNRS, Université de Bourgogne.
- Ian A. MacKenzie & Markus Ohndorf & Charles Palmer, 2010. "Enforcement-proof contracts with moral hazard in precaution: ensuring �permanence� in carbon sequestration," GRI Working Papers 27, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Ian A. MacKenzie & Markus Ohndorf & Charles Palmer, 2012.
"Enforcement-proof contracts with moral hazard in precaution: ensuring 'permanence' in carbon sequestration,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 64(2), pages 350-374, April.
- MacKenzie, Ian A. & Ohndorf, Markus & Palmer, Charles, 2010. "Enforcement-proof contracts with moral hazard in precaution: ensuring ‘permanence’ in carbon sequestration," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 30846, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bryane Michael (Linacre College), "undated". "Drafting Implementing Regulations for International Anti-Corruption Conventions," QEH Working Papers qehwps150, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:irlaec:v:22:y:2002:i:4:p:381-406. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/irle .