The rationales underlying reincorporation and implications for Canadian corporations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fowler, David J & Rorke, C Harvey & Jog, Vijay M, 1979. "Heteroscedasticity, R2 and Thin Trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(5), pages 1201-1210, December.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- Agrawal, Anup & Knoeber, Charles R, 2001. "Do Some Outside Directors Play a Political Role?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(1), pages 179-198, April.
- Baysinger, Barry D & Butler, Henry N, 1985. "The Role of Corporate Law in the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(1), pages 179-191, April.
- Randall Morck & David Stangeland & Bernard Yeung, 2000.
"Inherited Wealth, Corporate Control, and Economic Growth The Canadian Disease?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Concentrated Corporate Ownership, pages 319-372
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randall K. Morck & David A. Stangeland & Bernard Yeung, 1998. "Inherited Wealth, Corporate Control and Economic Growth: The Canadian Disease," NBER Working Papers 6814, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cumming, Douglas J. & MacIntosh, Jeffrey G., 2000. "The role of interjurisdictional competition in shaping Canadian corporate law," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 141-186, June.
- Yermack, David, 1996. "Higher market valuation of companies with a small board of directors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 185-211, February.
- Edward J. Kane & Haluk Unal, 1988. "Change in Market Assessments of Deposit-Institution Riskiness," NBER Working Papers 2530, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dale J. Poirier, 1995. "Intermediate Statistics and Econometrics: A Comparative Approach," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262161494, January.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Weinstein, Mark I., 1985. "Derived factors in event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 491-495, September.
- Romano, Roberta, 1985. "Law as a Product: Some Pieces of the Incorporation Puzzle," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 225-283, Fall.
- Stephen Goldfeld & Richard Quandt, 1973. "The Estimation of Structural Shifts by Switching Regressions," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 2, number 4, pages 475-485 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Douglas Cumming & Sofia Johan, 2006. "Provincial preferences in private equity," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 20(4), pages 369-398, December.
- Goergen, Marc & Renneboog, Luc, 2008.
"Contractual corporate governance,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 166-182, June.
- Goergen, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2008. "Contractual Corporate Governance," Discussion Paper 2008-41, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Goergen, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2008. "Contractual Corporate Governance," Discussion Paper 2008-015, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Johan, Sofia A., 2010. "Listing standards as a signal of IPO preparedness and quality," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 128-144, June.
- Bebchuk, Lucian Arye & Cohen, Alma, 2003. "Firms' Decisions Where to Incorporate," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(2), pages 383-425, October.
- Taylor R. Gray, 2010. "A Corporate Geography of Canada: Insights into a Multi‐Jurisdictional Model of Corporate Governance," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(4), pages 467-494, December.
- Bebchuk, Lucian Arye & Cohen, Alma, 2002. "Firms' Decisions on Where to Incorporate," CEPR Discussion Papers 3514, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:irlaec:v:22:y:2002:i:3:p:277-330. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/irle .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.