The changing dynamics of Thai multinationals after the Asian economic crisis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Louis T. Wells, 1983. "Third World Multinationals: The Rise of Foreign Investments from Developing Countries," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026273169x, January.
- Alice H. Amsden, 1995. "Like the rest: South‐East Asia's ‘LATE’ Industrialization," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(5), pages 791-799, September.
- Otto Andersen, 1993. "On the Internationalization Process of Firms: A Critical Analysis," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 24(2), pages 209-231, June.
- Andrew H. Van de Ven, 2004. "The Context-Specific Nature of Competence and Corporate Development," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 21(1_2), pages 123-147, March.
- Mathews, John A., 2002. "Dragon Multinational: A New Model for Global Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195121469.
- Ulgado, Francis M. & Yu, Chwo-Ming J. & Negandhi, Anant R., 1994. "Multinational enterprises from Asian developing countries: Management and organizational characteristics," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 123-133, June.
- Lecraw, Donald J, 1977. "Direct Investment by Firms from Less Developed Countries," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 442-457, November.
- Ghemawat, Pankaj & Khanna, Tarun, 1998. "The Nature of Diversified Business Groups: A Research Design and Two Case Studies," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 35-61, March.
- Peter J Buckley, 1988. "The Limits of Explanation: Testing the Internalization Theory of the Multinational Enterprise," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(2), pages 181-193, June.
- Mike Peng & Jessie Zhou, 2005. "How Network Strategies and Institutional Transitions Evolve in Asia," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 321-336, December.
- Jason Furman & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1998. "Economic Crises: Evidence and Insights from East Asia," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 1-136.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Klaus Meyer & Ornjira Thaijongrak, 2013. "The dynamics of emerging economy MNEs: How the internationalization process model can guide future research," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 1125-1153, December.
- Stoian, Carmen, 2013. "Extending Dunning's Investment Development Path: The role of home country institutional determinants in explaining outward foreign direct investment," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 615-637.
- repec:eee:worbus:v:53:y:2018:i:2:p:134-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- Narula, Rajneesh, 2010. "Much ado about nothing, or sirens of a brave new world?: MNE activity from developing countries and its significance for development," MERIT Working Papers 021, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Alessia Amighini & Claudio Cozza & Elisa Giuliani & Roberta Rabellotti & Vittoria Scalera, 2015. "Multinational enterprises from emerging economies: what theories suggest, what evidence shows. A literature review," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 42(3), pages 343-370, September.
- repec:spr:manint:v:52:y:2012:i:5:d:10.1007_s11575-011-0115-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Meyer, Klaus E. & Thein, Htwe Htwe, 2014. "Business under adverse home country institutions: The case of international sanctions against Myanmar," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 156-171.
More about this item
KeywordsThird-world multinationals Emerging multinationals Multinational enterprise International expansion Thailand Asian financial crisis Networking capabilities;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intman:v:13:y:2007:i:3:p:356-375. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/601266/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.