Efficient option risk measurement with reduced model risk
Options require risk measurement that is also computationally efficient as it is important to derivatives risk management. There are currently few methods that are specifically adapted for efficient option risk measurement. Moreover, current methods rely on series approximations and incur significant model risks, which inhibit their applicability for risk management.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 72 (2017)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kerkhof, Jeroen & Melenberg, Bertrand & Schumacher, Hans, 2010. "Model risk and capital reserves," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 267-279, January.
- Kabir, M. Humayun & Hassan, M. Kabir, 2005. "The near-collapse of LTCM, US financial stock returns, and the fed," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 441-460, February.
- John Cotter & Kevin Dowd, 2010.
"Estimating financial risk measures for futures positions: A nonparametric approach,"
Journal of Futures Markets,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(7), pages 689-703, July.
- Cotter, John & Dowd, Kevin, 2007. "Estimating financial risk measures for futures positions: a non-parametric approach," MPRA Paper 3503, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- john cotter & kevin dowd, 2011. "Estimating financial risk measures for futures positions: a non-parametric approach," Papers 1103.5666, arXiv.org.
- John Cotter & Kevin Dowd, 2011. "Estimating Financial Risk Measures for Futures Positions:A Non-Parametric Approach," Working Papers 200613, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Goovaerts, Marc J. & Kaas, Rob & Dhaene, Jan & Tang, Qihe, 2004. "Some new classes of consistent risk measures," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 505-516, June.
- Siven, Johannes Vitalis & Lins, Jeffrey Todd & Szymkowiak-Have, Anna, 2009. "Value-at-Risk computation by Fourier inversion with explicit error bounds," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 95-105, June.
- Erel, Isil & Myers, Stewart C. & Read, James A., 2015. "A theory of risk capital," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(3), pages 620-635.
- Christoffersen, Peter, 2011. "Elements of Financial Risk Management," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 2, number 9780123744487.
- Christoffersen, Peter, 2003. "Elements of Financial Risk Management," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 1, number 9780121742324.
- Leland, Hayne E, 1985. " Option Pricing and Replication with Transactions Costs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(5), pages 1283-1301, December.
- Hayne E. Leland., 1984. "Option Pricing and Replication with Transactions Costs," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 144, University of California at Berkeley.
- Fangcheng Hao, 2011. "Coherent risk measure for derivatives under Black-Scholes economy with regime switching," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(11), pages 1011-1024, September.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Hato Schmeiser, 2012. "The risk of model misspecification and its impact on solvency measurement in the insurance sector," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 13(4), pages 285-308, August.
- Florence Guillaume & Wim Schoutens, 2012. "Calibration risk: Illustrating the impact of calibration risk under the Heston model," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 57-79, April.
- Sorwar, Ghulam & Dowd, Kevin, 2010. "Estimating financial risk measures for options," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1982-1992, August.
- M. Avellaneda & A. Levy & A. ParAS, 1995. "Pricing and hedging derivative securities in markets with uncertain volatilities," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 73-88. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:72:y:2017:i:c:p:163-174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.