Multivariate longitudinal modeling of insurance company expenses
Insurers, investors and regulators are interested in understanding the behavior of insurance company expenses, due to the high operating cost of the industry. Expense models can be used for prediction, to identify unusual behavior, and to measure firm efficiency. Current literature focuses on the study of total expenses that consist of three components: underwriting, investment and loss adjustment. A joint study of expenses by type is to deliver more information and is critical in understanding their relationship.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klugman, Stuart A. & Parsa, Rahul, 1999. "Fitting bivariate loss distributions with copulas," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 139-148, March.
- Baltagi, Badi H., 1981. "Simultaneous equations with error components," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 189-200, November.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- Genest, Christian & Rémillard, Bruno & Beaudoin, David, 2009. "Goodness-of-fit tests for copulas: A review and a power study," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 199-213, April.
- Fermanian, Jean-David, 2005. "Goodness-of-fit tests for copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 119-152, July.
- Roger Koenker & Kevin F. Hallock, 2001.
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 143-156, Fall.
- Avery, Robert B, 1977. "Error Components and Seemingly Unrelated Regressions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(1), pages 199-209, January.
- Prucha, Ingmar R, 1984. "On the Asymptotic Efficiency of Feasible Aitken Estimators for Seemingly Unrelated Regression Models with Error Components," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(1), pages 203-07, January.
- Olivier Scaillet, 2005.
"Kernel Based Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Copulas with Fixed Smoothing Parameters,"
FAME Research Paper Series
rp145, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Scaillet, Olivier, 2007. "Kernel-based goodness-of-fit tests for copulas with fixed smoothing parameters," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 533-543, March.
- Sun, Jiafeng & Frees, Edward W. & Rosenberg, Marjorie A., 2008. "Heavy-tailed longitudinal data modeling using copulas," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 817-830, April.
- Cambanis, Stamatis & Huang, Steel & Simons, Gordon, 1981. "On the theory of elliptically contoured distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 368-385, September.
- Christian Genest & Jean-François Quessy & Bruno Rémillard, 2006. "Goodness-of-fit Procedures for Copula Models Based on the Probability Integral Transformation," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 33(2), pages 337-366.
- Prucha, Ingmar R, 1985. "Maximum Likelihood and Instrumental Variable Estimation in Simultaneous Equation Systems with Error Components," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 26(2), pages 491-506, June.
- Balestra, Pietro & Varadharajan-Krishnakumar, Jayalakshmi, 1987. "Full Information Estimations of a System of Simultaneous Equations with Error Component Structure," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 223-246, April.
- Shi, Peng & Frees, Edward W., 2010. "Long-tail longitudinal modeling of insurance company expenses," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 303-314, December.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Wyhowski, Donald, 1992. "Simultaneous equations and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 151-181.
- Lee, Tae-Hwy & Long, Xiangdong, 2009. "Copula-based multivariate GARCH model with uncorrelated dependent errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 150(2), pages 207-218, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:51:y:2012:i:1:p:204-215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.