Dependence structure of risk factors and diversification effects
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- P. Hartmann & S. Straetmans & C. G. de Vries, 2004.
"Asset Market Linkages in Crisis Periods,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 313-326, February.
- Philipp Hartman & Stefan Straetmans & Casper De Vries, 2001. "Asset market linkages in crisis periods," Proceedings 727, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- P. Hartmann & S. Straetmans & C.G. de Vries, 2001. "Asset Market Linkages in Crisis Periods," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-071/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- de Vries, Casper G & Hartmann, Philipp & Straetmans, Stefan, 2001. "Asset Market Linkages in Crisis Periods," CEPR Discussion Papers 2916, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hartmann, P. & Straetmans, S. & De Vries, C.G., 2001. "Asset Market Linkages in Crisis Periods," Papers 71, Quebec a Montreal - Recherche en gestion.
- Hartmann, Philipp & Straetmans, Stefan & de Vries, Casper, 2001. "Asset market linkages in crisis periods," Working Paper Series 0071, European Central Bank.
- Hyung, Namwon & de Vries, Casper G., 2007. "Portfolio selection with heavy tails," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 383-400, June.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Gourieroux, C. & Laurent, J. P. & Scaillet, O., 2000.
"Sensitivity analysis of Values at Risk,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 225-245, November.
- Gouriéroux, Christian & Laurent, J.P. & Scaillet, Olivier, 1999. "Sensitivity Analysis of Values at Risk," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2000002, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 00 Jan 2000.
- Christian Gourieroux & J. P. Laurent & Olivier Scaillet, 2000. "Sensitivity Analysis of Values at Risk," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0162, Econometric Society.
- C. Gourieroux & J.P. Laurent & O. Scaillet, 2000. "Sensitivity analysis of values at risk," THEMA Working Papers 2000-04, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Christian Gourieroux & Jean-Paul Laurent & Olivier Scaillet, 2000. "Sensitivity Analysis of Values at Risk," Working Papers 2000-05, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Rustam Ibragimov & Johan Walden, 2006. "Portfolio Diversification Under Local, Moderate and Global Deviations From Power Laws," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2116, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Namwon Hyung, 2005. "Portfolio Diversification Effects of Downside Risk," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 3(1), pages 107-125.
- Susmel, Raul, 2001. "Extreme observations and diversification in Latin American emerging equity markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 971-986, December.
- Jansen, Dennis W & de Vries, Casper G, 1991.
"On the Frequency of Large Stock Returns: Putting Booms and Busts into Perspective,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 73(1), pages 18-24, February.
- Dennis W. Jansen & Casper de Vries, 1988. "On the frequency of large stock returns: putting booms and busts into perspective," Working Papers 1989-006, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Ibragimov, Rustam & Walden, Johan, 2008. "Portfolio diversification under local and moderate deviations from power laws," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 594-599, April.
- W. Jansen Dennis, 2001. "Limited Downside Risk In Portfolio Selection Among U.S. and Pacific Basin Equities," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 1-39.
- Jansen, Dennis W. & Koedijk, Kees G. & de Vries, Casper G., 2000. "Portfolio selection with limited downside risk," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 247-269, November.
- Ser-Huang Poon, 2004. "Extreme Value Dependence in Financial Markets: Diagnostics, Models, and Financial Implications," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 17(2), pages 581-610.
- Arzac, Enrique R. & Bawa, Vijay S., 1977. "Portfolio choice and equilibrium in capital markets with safety-first investors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 277-288, May.
- Walden, Johan & Ibragimov, Rustam, 2008. "Portfolio Diversification under Local and Moderate Deviations from Power Laws," Scholarly Articles 2640586, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barbe, Philippe & Fougères, Anne-Laure & Genest, Christian, 2006. "On the Tail Behavior of Sums of Dependent Risks," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(02), pages 361-373, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chollete, Lorán & de la Peña, Victor & Lu, Ching-Chih, 2012. "International diversification: An extreme value approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 871-885.
- Mainik, Georg & Mitov, Georgi & Rüschendorf, Ludger, 2015. "Portfolio optimization for heavy-tailed assets: Extreme Risk Index vs. Markowitz," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 115-134.
- Maarten van Oordt & Chen Zhou, 2011. "Systematic risk under extremely adverse market condition," DNB Working Papers 281, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Marco Rocco, 2011. "Extreme value theory for finance: a survey," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 99, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Oliver Kley & Claudia Kluppelberg & Gesine Reinert, 2014. "Risk in a large claims insurance market with bipartite graph structure," Papers 1410.8671, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2015.
- Kellner, Ralf & Gatzert, Nadine, 2013. "Estimating the basis risk of index-linked hedging strategies using multivariate extreme value theory," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4353-4367.
- Tong, Bin & Wu, Chongfeng & Xu, Weidong, 2012. "Risk concentration of aggregated dependent risks: The second-order properties," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 139-149.
- repec:eee:dyncon:v:82:y:2017:i:c:p:96-124 is not listed on IDEAS
- Moore, Kyle & Sun, Pengfei & de Vries, Casper G. & Zhou, Chen, 2013. "The cross-section of tail risks in stock returns," MPRA Paper 45592, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paolo Tasca & Stefano Battiston, "undated". "Diversification and Financial Stability," Working Papers CCSS-11-001, ETH Zurich, Chair of Systems Design.
- Zhou, Chen, 2013. "The impact of imposing capital requirements on systemic risk," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 320-329.
- Moore, Kyle & Sun, Pengei & de Vries, Casper G. & Zhou, Chen, 2013. "The drivers of downside equity tail risk," MPRA Paper 45591, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alejandro Ferrer Pérez & José Casals Carro & Sonia Sotoca López, 2014. "Linking the problems of estimating and allocating unconditional capital," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2014-13, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Chollete, Loran & de la Pena , Victor & Lu, Ching-Chih, 2009. "International Diversification: An Extreme Value Approach," UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance 2009/26, University of Stavanger.
- Kyle Moore & Pengfei Sun & Casper de Vries & Chen Zhou, 2013. "Shape Homogeneity and Scale Heterogeneity of Downside Tail Risk," Working Papers 13-13, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Gatzert, Nadine & Kellner, Ralf, 2011. "The influence of non-linear dependencies on the basis risk of industry loss warranties," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 132-144, July.
More about this item
KeywordsAggregated risk Diversification effect Multivariate extreme value theory;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:46:y:2010:i:3:p:531-540. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.