Did US safeguards resuscitate Harley-Davidson in the 1980s?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- KITANO Taiju & OHASHI Hiroshi, 2007. "Did U.S. Safeguard Resuscitate Harley Davidson in the 1980s?," Discussion papers 07026, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Taiju Kitano & Hiroshi Ohashi, 2009. "Did US Safeguards Resuscitate Harley-Davidson in the 1980s?," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-612, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
References listed on IDEAS
- James Levinsohn & Steven Berry & Ariel Pakes, 1999. "Voluntary Export Restraints on Automobiles: Evaluating a Trade Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 400-430, June.
- Irene Brambilla, 2005.
"A Customs Union with Multinational Firms: The Automobile Market in Argentina and Brazil,"
NBER Working Papers
11745, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brambilla, Irene, 2005. "A Customs Union with Multinational Firms: The Automobile Market in Argentina and Brazil," Working Papers 4, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Pindyck, Robert S & Rotemberg, Julio J, 1987.
"Are Imports to Blame? Attribution of Injury under the 1974 Trade Act,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 101-122, April.
- Robert S. Pindyck & Julio J. Rotemberg, 1985. "Are Imports to Blame?: Attribution of Injury Under the 1974 Trade Act," NBER Working Papers 1640, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ohashi, Hiroshi, 2002. "Anticipatory effects of voluntary export restraints: a study of home video cassette recorders market, 1978-86," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 83-105, June.
- Aviv Nevo, 2000. "A Practitioner's Guide to Estimation of Random-Coefficients Logit Models of Demand," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 513-548, December.
- Kelly, Kenneth, 1988. "The Analysis of Causality in Escape Clause Cases," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(2), pages 187-207, December.
- Steven T. Berry, 1994. "Estimating Discrete-Choice Models of Product Differentiation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(2), pages 242-262, Summer.
- Pakes, Ariel & Berry, Steven & Levinsohn, James A, 1993. "Applications and Limitations of Some Recent Advances in Empirical Industrial Organization: Price Indexes and the Analysis of Environmental Change," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 241-246, May.
- Clerides, Sofronis, 2008. "Gains from trade in used goods: Evidence from automobiles," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 322-336, December.
- Miyagiwa, Kaz & Ohno, Yuka, 1999. "Credibility of Protection and Incentives to Innovate," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(1), pages 143-163, February.
- Berry, Steven & Levinsohn, James & Pakes, Ariel, 1995. "Automobile Prices in Market Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 841-890, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Deborah L. Swenson, 2012.
"The Influence of Chinese Trade Policy on Automobile Assembly and Parts,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 58(4), pages 703-730, December.
- Deborah L. Swenson, 2011. "The Influence of Chinese Trade Policy on Automobile Assembly and Parts," CESifo Working Paper Series 3615, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jan De Loecker & Johannes Van Biesebroeck, 2016.
"Effect of International Competition on Firm Productivity and Market Power,"
NBER Working Papers
21994, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- De Loecker, Jan & Van Biesebroeck, Johannes, 2016. "The effect of international competition on firm productivity and market power," CEPR Discussion Papers 11114, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
KeywordsSafeguard Tariff Random coefficient discrete choice model Motorcycles;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:inecon:v:79:y:2009:i:2:p:186-197. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.