Trade liberalization through asset markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cassing, James H., 1996. "Protectionist mutual funds," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-18, April.
- Wilfred J. Ethier, 1998. "Regionalism in a Multilateral World," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(6), pages 1214-1245, December.
- Ethier, Wilfred J., 2001. "Theoretical problems in negotiating trade liberalization," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 209-232, June.
- Hillman, Arye L, 1982. "Declining Industries and Political-Support Protectionist Motives," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1180-1187, December.
- Lloyd, P. J., 2001. "The architecture of the WTO," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 327-353, June.
- Stockman, Alan C. & Dellas, Harris, 1986. "Asset markets, tariffs, and political risk," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3-4), pages 199-213, November.
- Svaleryd, Helena & Vlachos, Jonas, 2002.
"Markets for risk and openness to trade: how are they related?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 369-395, August.
- Svaleryd, Helena & Vlachos, Jonas, 1999. "Markets for Risk and Openness to Trade: How are they Related?," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 327, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 28 Aug 2001.
- Feeney, JoAnne, 1994. "Goods and Asset Market Interdependence in a Risky World," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(3), pages 551-563, August.
- Fernandez, Raquel & Rodrik, Dani, 1991. "Resistance to Reform: Status Quo Bias in the Presence of Individual-Specific Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1146-1155, December.
- Mayer, Wolfgang, 1984. "Endogenous Tariff Formation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 970-985, December.
- Arye L. Hillman & Ngo Van Long & Peter Moser, 1995. "Modelling Reciprocal Trade Liberalization: The Political-economy and National-welfare Perspectives," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 131(III), pages 503-515, September.
- Devereux, Michael B. & Min Lee, Khang, 1999. "Endogenous trade policy and the gains from international financial markets," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 35-59, February.
- Feeney, JoAnne & Hillman, Arye L, 2001.
"Privatization and the Political Economy of Strategic Trade Policy,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 42(2), pages 535-556, May.
- JoAnne Feeney & Arye Hillman, 1999. "Privatization and The Political Economy of Strategic Trade Policy," Discussion Papers 99-05, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Feeney, JoAnne, 1999. "International risk sharing, learning by doing, and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 297-318, April.
- Feeney, JoAnne & Hillman, Arye L., 1995. "Asset markets and individual trade policy preferences," Discussion Papers, Series II 282, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Cassing, James H & Hillman, Arye L, 1986. "Shifting Comparative Advantage and Senescent Industry Collapse," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(3), pages 516-523, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ho, Sin-Yu & Njindan Iyke, Bernard, 2018. "Short- and Long-term Impact of Trade Openness on Financial Development in Sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 84272, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luis Carvalho & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2011. "Where are the poor in International Economics?," FEP Working Papers 425, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Nils Herger & Roland Hodler & Michael Lobsiger, 2008.
"What Determines Financial Development? Culture, Institutions or Trade,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(3), pages 558-587, October.
- Nils Herger & Roland Hodler & Michael Lobsinger, 2007. "What determines Financial Development? Culture, Institutions, or Trade," DEGIT Conference Papers c012_033, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- O'Rourke, Kevin H. & Sinnott, Richard, 2006.
"The determinants of individual attitudes towards immigration,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 838-861, December.
- Kevin H. O'Rourke & Richard Sinnott, 2004. "The Determinants of Individual Attitudes Towards Immigration," Trinity Economics Papers 20042, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Garen, John & Trask, Kathleen, 2005. "Do more open economies have bigger governments? Another look," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 533-551, August.
- Magee, Christopher S.P. & Davidson, Carl & Matusz, Steven J., 2005. "Trade, turnover, and tithing," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 157-176, May.
- Narayan, Seema & Doytch, Nadia & Nguyen, Tri Tung & Kluegel, Karl, 2016. "Trade of goods and services and risk sharing ability in international equity markets: Are these substitutes or complements?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 485-503.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:inecon:v:64:y:2004:i:1:p:151-167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.