The size of stable cartels: An analytical approach
In this paper, we revisit the size of stable cartels in a symmetric oligopoly model with a Cournot fringe. Konishi and Lin (1999) make a conjecture on the size of stable cartels. Due to algebra complexity, they test the conjecture by conducting numerical simulations. We provide an analytical approach to determine the size of stable cartels, and show that the size of stable cartels is slightly larger than the one in their conjecture. Furthermore, we find that the uniqueness of the stable cartel in Konishi and Lin (1999) could not always hold.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Effrosyni Diamantoudi & Eftichios Sartzetakis, 2002.
"Stable International Environmental Agreements: An Analytical Approach,"
- Effrosyni Diamantoudi & Eftichios S. Sartzetakis, 2006. "Stable International Environmental Agreements: An Analytical Approach," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 8(2), pages 247-263, 05.
- Effrosyni Diamantoudi & Eftichios S. Sartzetakis, 2001. "Stable International Environmental Agreements: An Analytical Approach," Working Papers 04001, Concordia University, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2003.
- Effrosyni Diamantoudi & Sartzetakis, Eftichios, . "Stable International Environmental Agreements: An Analytical Approach," Economics Working Papers 2001-10, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Donsimoni, Marie-Paule & Economides, Nicholas S & Polemarchakis, Herakles M, 1986. "Stable Cartels," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 27(2), pages 317-27, June.
- d'ASPREMONT,Â Claude & JACQUEMIN, Alexis & GABSZEWICZ, Jean J. & WEYMARK, John A., .
"On the stability of collusive price leadership,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
522, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Prokop, Jacek, 1999. "Process of dominant-cartel formation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 241-257, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:30:y:2012:i:2:p:217-222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.