Receiver discretion in signalling models: Information transmission to competing retailers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1982.
"Limit Pricing and Entry under Incomplete Information: An Equilibrium Analysis,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 443-459, March.
- Paul Milgrom & John Roberts, 1998. "Limit Pricing and Entry Under Incomplete Information: An Equilibrium Analysis," Levine's Working Paper Archive 245, David K. Levine.
- Svend Albæk & Per Baltzer Overgaard, 1998. "Signaling and rent extraction vis contract proposals in franchising," CIE Discussion Papers 1998-03, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Gallini, Nancy T & Lutz, Nancy A, 1992. "Dual Distribution and Royalty Fees in Franchising," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 471-501, October.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1986. "Price and Advertising Signals of Product Quality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 796-821, August.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash K. & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1975. "Monopolistic Competition And Optimum Product Diversity," Economic Research Papers 268957, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- In-Koo Cho & David M. Kreps, 1987. "Signaling Games and Stable Equilibria," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(2), pages 179-221.
- Lloyd Shapley & Martin Shubik, 1969. "Price Strategy Oligopoly With Product Variation," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 30-44, February.
- Maskin, Eric & Tirole, Jean, 1992. "The Principal-Agent Relationship with an Informed Principal, II: Common Values," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 1-42, January.
- Lafontaine, Francine, 1993. "Contractual Arrangements as Signaling Devices: Evidence from Franchising," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 256-289, October.
- Nancy T. Gallini & Brian D. Wright, 1990. "Technology Transfer under Asymmetric Information," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 21(1), pages 147-160, Spring.
- Svend Albák & Per Baltzer Overgaard, 1992.
"Upstream Pricingand Advertising Signal Downstream Demand,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(4), pages 677-698, December.
- Albaek, Svend & Overgaard, Per Baltzer, 1992. "Upstream Pricing and Advertising Signal Downstream Demand," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(4), pages 677-698, Winter.
- Albaek, S. & Overgaard, P.B., 1992. "Upstream Pricing and Advertising Signal Downstream Demand," Papers 9209, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Wujin Chu, 1992. "Demand Signalling and Screening in Channels of Distribution," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(4), pages 327-347.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dosis, Anastasios, 2018. "On signalling and screening in markets with asymmetric information," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 140-149.
- Belleflamme,Paul & Peitz,Martin, 2015. "Industrial Organization," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107687899, December.
- Salvatore Piccolo & Piero Tedeschi & Giovanni Ursino, 2018.
"Deceptive Advertising with Rational Buyers,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 64(3), pages 1291-1310, March.
- Ursino, Giovanni & Piccolo, Salvatore & Tedeschi, Piero, 2012. "Deceptive advertising with rational buyers," MPRA Paper 42553, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Salvatore Piccolo & Piero Tedeschi & Giovanni Ursino, 2015. "Deceptive Advertising with Rational Buyers," DISCE - Working Papers del Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza def025, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Giovanni Ursino & Salvatore Piccolo & Piero Tedeschi, 2013. "Deceptive Advertising with Rational Buyers," CSEF Working Papers 348, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Ajay Kalra & Surendra Rajiv & Kannan Srinivasan, 1998. "Response to Competitive Entry: A Rationale for Delayed Defensive Reaction," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(4), pages 380-405.
- Jeitschko, Thomas D. & Normann, Hans-Theo, 2012.
"Signaling in deterministic and stochastic settings,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 39-55.
- Thomas D. Jeitschko & Hans-Theo Normann, 2009. "Signaling in Deterministic and Stochastic Settings," Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics 09/12, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London.
- Jeitschko, Thomas D. & Normann, Hans-Theo, 2011. "Signaling in deterministic and stochastic settings," DICE Discussion Papers 35, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Michael, Steven C., 2000. "The effect of organizational form on quality: the case of franchising," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 295-318, November.
- Woonâ€ Oh Jung, 1989. "Strategic choice of inventory accounting methods," Contemporary Accounting Research, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 6(1), pages 1-25, September.
- Cesaltina Pires & Sílvia Jorge, 2012. "Limit pricing under third-degree price discrimination," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 41(3), pages 671-698, August.
- Abe, Makoto, 1995. "Price and advertising strategy of a national brand against its private-label clone : A signaling game approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 241-250, July.
- Kaya, Ayça, 2009. "Repeated signaling games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 841-854, July.
- Yutian Chen & Wei Tan, 2012. "A Theory on Predatory Advertising After a Demand-Reducing Shock," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 38(4), pages 460-478.
- Chris Y. Tung & Chun-Chieh Wang, 2014. "Cost Signals under Uncertain R&D Outcomes," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3-4), pages 207-229, December.
- Philippe Mahenc, 2017. "Honest versus Misleading Certification," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 454-483, June.
- Kyle Bagwell, 2007. "Signalling and entry deterrence: a multidimensional analysis," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 38(3), pages 670-697, September.
- Mike Burkart & Samuel Lee, 2016.
Review of Corporate Finance Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 239-270.
- Mike Burkart & Samuel Lee, 2012. "Smart Buyers," FMG Discussion Papers dp696, Financial Markets Group.
- Burkart, Mike & Lee, Samuel, 2012. "Smart Buyers," CEPR Discussion Papers 8774, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Burkart, Mike & Lee, Samuel, 2016. "Smart buyers," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 69537, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Smart, Michael, 2000.
"Competitive Insurance Markets with Two Unobservables,"
International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 41(1), pages 153-169, February.
- Michael Smart, 1996. "Competitive Insurance Markets with Two Unobservables," Working Papers msmart-96-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Govindan, Srihari & Wilson, Robert B., 2008. "Decision-Theoretic Forward Induction," Research Papers 1986, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Hurkens, Sjaak & Vulkan, Nir, 2003. "Free entry does not imply zero profits," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 285-290, December.
- Farhad Sadeh & Manish Kacker, 2018. "Quality signaling through ex-ante voluntary information disclosure in entrepreneurial networks: evidence from franchising," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 729-748, April.
- Shouqiang Wang & Haresh Gurnani & Upender Subramanian, 2021. "The Informational Role of Buyback Contracts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 67(1), pages 279-296, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:16:y:1998:i:2:p:209-228. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.