Seeders, leechers and social norms: Evidence from the market for illicit digital downloading
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zentner, Alejandro, 2006. "Measuring the Effect of File Sharing on Music Purchases," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(1), pages 63-90, April.
- Bhattacharjee, Sudip & Gopal, Ram D & Lertwachara, Kaveepan & Marsden, James R, 2006. "Impact of Legal Threats on Online Music Sharing Activity: An Analysis of Music Industry Legal Actions," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(1), pages 91-114, April.
- Felix Oberholzer-Gee & Koleman Strumpf, 2007. "The Effect of File Sharing on Record Sales: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115, pages 1-42.
- Stan J. Liebowitz, 2005. "Pitfalls in Measuring the Impact of File-sharing on the Sound Recording Market," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 51(2-3), pages 435-473.
- Hong, Seung-Hyun, 2007. "The recent growth of the internet and changes in household-level demand for entertainment," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 304-318, October.
- Zentner Alejandro, 2005. "File Sharing and International Sales of Copyrighted Music: An Empirical Analysis with a Panel of Countries," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-17, October.
- George A. Akerlof, 1980.
"A Theory of Social Custom, of which Unemployment may be One Consequence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 94(4), pages 749-775.
- George A. Akerlof, 1978. "A theory of social custom, of which unemployment may be one consequence," Special Studies Papers 118, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ben Depoorter & Francesco Parisi & Sven Vanneste, 2005. "Problems with the Enforcement of Copyright Law: Is there a Social Norm Backlash?," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 361-369.
- Hiroshi Ono & Madeline Zavodny, 2003.
"Gender and the Internet,"
Social Science Quarterly,
Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 84(1), pages 111-121.
- Hiroshi Ono & Madeline Zavodny, 2002. "Gender and the Internet," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2002-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Ono, Hiroshi & Zavodny, Madeline, 2002. "Gender and the Internet," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 495, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 19 Aug 2002.
- Michel Norbert J, 2006. "The Impact of Digital File Sharing on the Music Industry: An Empirical Analysis," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-24, September.
- David Waterman & Sung Ji & Laura Rochet, 2007. "Enforcement and Control of Piracy, Copying, and Sharing in the Movie Industry," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 30(4), pages 255-289, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tilman Klumpp, 2014.
"File Sharing, Network Architecture, and Copyright Enforcement: An Overview,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 35(7), pages 444-459, October.
- Klumpp, Tilman, 2012. "File Sharing, Network Architecture, and Copyright Enforcement: An Overview," Working Papers 2012-19, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Christian Handke, 2013. "Empirical evidence on copyright," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Digital Creative Economy, chapter 22, pages 249-261 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Anna Kukla-Gryz & Joanna Tyrowicz & Michał Krawczyk & Konrad Siwiński, 2015.
"We all do it, but are we willing to admit? Incentivizing digital pirates' confessions,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 184-188, February.
- Anna Kukla-Gryz & Michał Krawczyk & Konrad Siwiński & Joanna Tyrowicz, 2014. "We all do it, but are we willing to admit? Incentivizing digital pirates' confessions," Working Papers 2014-10, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
More about this item
KeywordsFile sharing Piracy Social norms;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iepoli:v:22:y:2010:i:4:p:299-305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505549 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.