The advantage of network size in acquiring new subscribers: a conditional logit analysis of the Korean mobile telephony market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Valletti, Tommaso M & Cave, Martin, 1998. "Competition in UK mobile communications," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 109-131, March.
- Choi, Seon-Kyou & Lee, Myeong-Ho & Chung, Gyu-Hwa, 2001. "Competition in Korean mobile telecommunications market: business strategy and regulatory environment," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1-2), pages 125-138, February.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Patrick Rey & Jean Tirole, 1998. "Network Competition: II. Price Discrimination," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(1), pages 38-56, Spring.
- Fullerton, Hugh S, 1998. "Duopoly and competition: The case of American cellular telephone," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 593-607, August.
- Song, Jae-Do & Kim, Jae-Cheol, 2001. "Is five too many? Simulation analysis of profitability and cost structure in the Korean mobile telephone industry," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1-2), pages 101-123, February.
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Hirshleifer, David & Welch, Ivo, 1992.
"A Theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom, and Cultural Change in Informational Cascades,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 992-1026, October.
- Sushil Bikhchandani & David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2010. "A theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom and cultural change as informational Cascades," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1193, David K. Levine.
- Manski, Charles F & Lerman, Steven R, 1977. "The Estimation of Choice Probabilities from Choice Based Samples," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(8), pages 1977-1988, November.
- Ramon Caminal & Xavier Vives, 1996. "Why Market Shares Matter: An Information-Based Theory," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(2), pages 221-239, Summer.
- Shurmer, Mark, 1993. "An investigation into sources of network externalities in the packaged PC software market," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 231-251, October.
- Shane M. Greenstein, 1993. "Did Installed Base Given an Incumbent Any (Measurable) Advantages in Federal Computer Procurement?," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 24(1), pages 19-39, Spring.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee, 1992. "A Simple Model of Herd Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(3), pages 797-817.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Doganoglu, Toker & Grzybowski, Lukasz, 2007. "Estimating network effects in mobile telephony in Germany," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 65-79, March.
- Grzybowski, Lukasz, 2005. "Essays on Economics of Network Industries: Mobile Telephony," Munich Dissertations in Economics 5561, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- repec:lmu:msmdpa:12688 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ching-I Huang, 2008.
"Estimating demand for cellular phone service under nonlinear pricing,"
Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME),
Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 371-413, December.
- Huang, Ching-I, 2007. "Estimating Demand for Cellular Phone Service under Nonlinear Pricing," MPRA Paper 6459, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Basaran, Alparslan A. & Cetinkaya, Murat & Bagdadioglu, Necmiddin, 2014. "Operator choice in the mobile telecommunications market: Evidence from Turkish urban population," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-13.
- Muck, Johannes & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2012. "First mover advantages in mobile telecommunications: Evidence from OECD countries," DICE Discussion Papers 71, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Sobolewski, Maciej & Czajkowski, MikoŁaj, 2012. "Network effects and preference heterogeneity in the case of mobile telecommunications markets," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 197-211.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:52:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s00181-016-1121-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Usero Sánchez, Belén & Asimakopoulos, Grigorios, 2012. "Regulation and competition in the European mobile communications industry: An examination of the implementation of mobile number portability," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 187-196.
- Mikołaj Czajkowski & Maciej Sobolewski, 2013. "Switching Costs and Network Effects – How Much Do they Really Matter in Mobile Telecommunications?," Working Papers 2013-29, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Karacuka, Mehmet & Çatık, A. Nazif & Haucap, Justus, 2013.
"Consumer choice and local network effects in mobile telecommunications in Turkey,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 334-344.
- Karaçuka, Mehmet & Çatik, A. Nazif & Haucap, Justus, 2012. "Consumer choice and local network effects in mobile telecommunications in Turkey," DICE Discussion Papers 70, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Thomas Cadet & Sophie Larribeau & Thierry Pénard, 2012. "Network effects, Customer Satisfaction and Recommendation on the Mobile Phone Market," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201242, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Lu, Hui & Rohr, Charlene & Burge, Peter, 2016. "Estimating the value of mobile telephony in mobile network not-spots," 27th European Regional ITS Conference, Cambridge (UK) 2016 148686, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Birke, Daniel & Swann, G.M. Peter, 2010.
"Network effects, network structure and consumer interaction in mobile telecommunications in Europe and Asia,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 153-167, November.
- Daniel Birke, 2010. "Network effects, network structure and consumer interaction in mobile telecommunications in Europe and Asia," Post-Print hal-00870187, HAL.
- Zucchini, Leon & Claussen, Jörg & Trüg, Moritz, 2013.
"Tariff-mediated network effects versus strategic discounting: Evidence from German mobile telecommunications,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 751-759.
- Zucchini, Leon & Claussen, Jörg & Trüg, Moritz, 2013. "Tariff-Mediated Network Effects versus Strategic Discounting: Evidence from German Mobile Telecommunications," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 14848, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Roe, Brian E. & Teisl, Mario F., 2004. "Consumption Externalities, Information Policies, And Multiple Equilibria: Evidence For Genetically Engineered Food Markets," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20243, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ewa Lechman, 2013. "ICTs diffusion trajectories and economic development – an empirical evidence for 46 developing countries," GUT FME Working Paper Series A 18, Faculty of Management and Economics, Gdansk University of Technology.
- Rasch, Alexander, 2017. "Compatibility, network effects, and collusion," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 39-43.
- Keesookpun, Chutipong & Mitomo, Hitoshi, 2013. "The determinants of mobile operator switching and policy implications in developing countries: A case study of Thailand," 24th European Regional ITS Conference, Florence 2013 88472, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Weiergräber, Stefan, 2014. "Network Effects and Switching Costs in the US Wireless Industry," Discussion Papers in Economics 25094, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Kang, Jin-Su & Downing, Stephen, 2015. "Keystone effect on entry into two-sided markets: An analysis of the market entry of WiMAX," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 170-186.
- repec:lmu:msmdpa:13764 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bölcskei, Vanda, 2010.
"A távbeszélő-szolgáltatások keresleti modelljeinek áttekintése - különös tekintettel a vezetékes és mobilszolgáltatások közötti helyettesítés becslésére
[A review of the demand models of telephone ," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(6), pages 517-535.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iepoli:v:15:y:2003:i:1:p:17-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505549 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.