Explaining international R&D alliances and the role of governments
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Narula, Rajneesh, 1997. "Explaining international R & D alliances and the role of governments," Research Memorandum 007, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
References listed on IDEAS
- Keith W. Glaister, 1996. "Strategic Motives For International Alliance Formation," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(3), pages 301-332, May.
- Aldo Geuna, 1996. "The participation of higher education institutions in European Union Framework Programmes," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(5), pages 287-296, October.
- Farrell, Joseph, 1987.
"Information and the Coase Theorem,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(2), pages 113-129, Fall.
- Joseph Farrell., 1987. "Information and the Coase Theorem," Economics Working Papers 8747, University of California at Berkeley.
- Farrell, Joseph, 1987. "Information and the Coase Theorem," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt1sc2r800, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- David J. Teece, 2008.
"Technology Transfer By Multinational Firms: The Resource Cost Of Transferring Technological Know-How,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: The Transfer And Licensing Of Know-How And Intellectual Property Understanding the Multinational Enterprise in the Modern World, chapter 1, pages 1-22
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- David J. Teece, 2003. "Technology Transfer by Multinational Firms: The Resource Cost of Transferring Technological Know-How," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Essays In Technology Management And Policy Selected Papers of David J Teece, chapter 10, pages 262-288 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Teece, David J, 1977. "Technology Transfer by Multinational Firms: The Resource Cost of Transferring Technological Know-how," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 87(346), pages 242-261, June.
- Hagedoorn, John & Sadowski, Bert, 1995.
"Exploring the potential transition from strategic technology partnering to mergers and acquisitions,"
012, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Hagedoorn, John & Sadowski, Bert, 1996. "Exploring the potential transition from strategic technology partnering to mergers and acquisitions," Research Memorandum 006, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters,in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jean-Francois Hennart, 1993.
"Explaining the Swollen Middle: Why Most Transactions Are a Mix of “Market” and “Hierarchy”,"
INFORMS, vol. 4(4), pages 529-547, November.
- Hennart, J.M.A., 2001. "Explaining the swollen middle : Why most transactions are a mix of market and hierarchy," Other publications TiSEM 8cfbbf66-a090-441d-8dfc-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- T. K. Das, 1996. "Risk Types And Inter-Firm Alliance Structures," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(6), pages 827-843, November.
- Stephen B Tallman & Oded Shenkar, 1994. "A Managerial Decision Model of International Cooperative Venture Formation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 25(1), pages 91-113, March.
- Vonortas, Nicholas S., 1994. "Inter-firm cooperation with imperfectly appropriable research," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 413-435, September.
- John H Dunning, 1995. "Reappraising the Eclectic Paradigm in an Age of Alliance Capitalism," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 26(3), pages 461-491, September.
- Bittlingmayer, George, 1988. "Property Rights, Progress, and the Aircraft Patent Agreement," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(1), pages 227-248, April.
- Richard C. Levin & Alvin K. Klevorick & Richard R. Nelson & Sidney G. Winter, 1987. "Appropriating the Returns from Industrial Research and Development," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 18(3, Specia), pages 783-832.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhou, Yuanchun & Zhang, Bing & Zou, Ji & Bi, Jun & Wang, Ke, 2012. "Joint R&D in low-carbon technology development in China: A case study of the wind-turbine manufacturing industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 100-108.
- Maria João Sousa & Susana Costa e Silva, 2008. "THE USE of CONSORTIA for the INTERNATIONALIZATION of FIRMS – MOTA-ENGIL CASE STUDY," Working Papers de Gestão (Management Working Papers) 012008, Católica Porto Business School, Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
- Hanna Kuittinen & Kalevi Kyläheiko & Jaana Sandström & Ari Jantunen, 2009. "Cooperation governance mode: an extended transaction cost approach," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 13(4), pages 303-323, November.
- Narula, R. & Martinez-Noya, A., 2014.
"International R&D alliances by firms: Origins and development,"
MERIT Working Papers
058, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Rajneesh Narula & Andrea Martínez-Noya, 2014. "International R&D Alliances by Firms: Origins and Development," John H Dunning Centre for International Business Discussion Papers jhd-dp2014-06, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Narula, Rajneesh, 2002. "Innovation systems and 'inertia' in R&D location: Norwegian firms and the role of systemic lock-in," Research Policy, Elsevier, pages 795-816.
- Narula, Rajneesh & Hogenbirk, Annelies, 1998. "Dutch Manufacturing MNEs in the United States, 1950-1995," Research Memorandum 004, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- John Cantwell & Rajneesh Narula, 2001. "The Eclectic Paradigm in the Global Economy," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 155-172.
- Krammer, Sorin M.S., 2016.
"The role of diversification profiles and dyadic characteristics in the formation of technological alliances: Differences between exploitation and exploration in a low-tech industry,"
Elsevier, pages 517-532.
- Krammer, Sorin M.S., 2015. "The role of diversification profiles and dyadic characteristics in the formation of technological alliances: Differences between exploitation and exploration in a low-tech industry," MPRA Paper 64843, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wink, Ruediger, 2002. "The transregional dimension of territorial knowledge management. An evolutionary perspective on the role of universities," ERSA conference papers ersa02p496, European Regional Science Association.
- Edwards-Schachter, Mónica & Anlló, Guillermo & Castro-Martínez, Elena & Sánchez-Barrioluengo, Mabel & Fernández De Lucio, Ignacio, 2012. "Motives for inter-firm cooperation on R&D and innovation: empirical evidence from Argentine and Spain," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series 201204, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV), revised 04 Jun 2012.
More about this item
KeywordsR&D Innovation FDI Strategic alliances Welfare Cooperation Globalisation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iburev:v:7:y:1998:i:4:p:377-397. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.