Foreign investment impact and incentive: a strategic approach to the relationship between the objectives of foreign investment policy and their promotion
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Nunnenkamp, 2004.
"To What Extent Can Foreign Direct Investment Help Achieve International Development Goals?,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(5), pages 657-677, May.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2002. "To what extent can foreign direct investment help achieve international development goals?," Kiel Working Papers 1128, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Beata K. Smarzynska & Shang-Jin Wei, 2000.
"Corruption and Composition of Foreign Direct Investment: Firm-Level Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
7969, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beate K. Smarzynska & Shang-Jin Wei, 2001. "Corruption and Composition of Foreign Direct Investment: Firm-Level Evidence," CID Working Papers 60A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Robert J Rolfe & David A Ricks & Martha M Pointer & Mark McCarthy, 1993. "Determinants of FDI Incentive Preferences of MNEs," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 24(2), pages 335-355, June.
- Joshua Aizenman & Mark M. Spiegel, 2006.
"Institutional Efficiency, Monitoring Costs and the Investment Share of FDI,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(4), pages 683-697, September.
- Joshua Aizenman & Mark M. Spiegel, 2002. "Institutional Efficiency, Monitoring Costs, and the Investment Share of FDI," NBER Working Papers 9324, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Aizenman & Mark M. Spiegel, 2003. "Institutional efficiency, monitoring costs, and the investment share of FDI," Working Paper Series 2003-06, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Rahman, Aminur & Kisunko, Gregory & Kapoor, Kapil, 2000. "Estimating the effects of corruption - implications for Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2479, The World Bank.
- Root, Franklin R & Ahmed, Ahmed A, 1979. "Empirical Determinants of Manufacturing Direct Foreign Investment in Developing Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(4), pages 751-767, July.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 2000.
"How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1997. "How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?," NBER Working Papers 6030, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1997. "How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 63, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Kevin Honglin Zhang, 2001. "What Attracts Foreign Multinational Corporations To China?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(3), pages 336-346, July.
- David W Loree & Stephen E Guisinger, 1995. "Policy and Non-Policy Determinants of U.S. Equity Foreign Direct Investment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 26(2), pages 281-299, June.
- Smarzynska, Beata K. & Shang-Jin Wei, 2000. "Corruption and the composition of foreign direct investment - firm-level evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2360, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lim, Sung-Hoon, 2008. "How investment promotion affects attracting foreign direct investment: Analytical argument and empirical analyses," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 39-53, February.
- Demirbag, Mehmet & Tatoglu, Ekrem & Glaister, Keith W., 2007. "Factors influencing perceptions of performance: The case of western FDI in an emerging market," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 310-336, June.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign direct investment policy Investment incentives Strategic fit concept;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iburev:v:14:y:2005:i:1:p:61-76. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.