Consolidation and concentration in the German hospital market: The two sides of the coin
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gaynor, Martin & Vogt, William B., 2000.
"Antitrust and competition in health care markets,"
Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 27, pages 1405-1487
- Martin Gaynor & William B. Vogt, "undated". "Antitrust and Competition in Health Care Markets," GSIA Working Papers 1999-E29, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Martin Gaynor & William B. Vogt, 1999. "Antitrust and Competition in Health Care Markets," NBER Working Papers 7112, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- R. Halbersma & M. Mikkers & E. Motchenkova & I. Seinen, 2011.
"Market structure and hospital–insurer bargaining in the Netherlands,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 12(6), pages 589-603, December.
- Halbersma, R.S. & Mikkers, M.C. & Motchenkova, E., 2007. "Market Structure and Hospital-Insurer bargaining in the Netherlands," Serie Research Memoranda 0004, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Halbersma, R.S. & Mikkers, M.C. & Motchenkova, E. & Seinen, I., 2007. "Market Structure and Hospital-Insurer Bargaining in the Netherlands," Discussion Paper 2007-006, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Boutsioli, Zoe, 2007. "Concentration in the Greek private hospital sector: A descriptive analysis," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 212-225, July.
- Melnick, Glenn & Keeler, Emmett, 2007. "The effects of multi-hospital systems on hospital prices," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 400-413, March.
- Varkevisser, Marco & Capps, Cory S. & Schut, Frederik T., 2008. "Defining hospital markets for antitrust enforcement: new approaches and their applicability to The Netherlands," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(01), pages 7-29, January.
- Martin Gaynor, "undated".
"What Do We Know About Competition and Quality in Health Care Markets?,"
GSIA Working Papers
2006-E62, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Martin Gaynor, 2006. "What Do We know About Competition and Quality in Health Care Markets?," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 06/151, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Martin Gaynor, 2006. "What Do We Know About Competition and Quality in Health Care Markets?," NBER Working Papers 12301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Annika Herr, 2008. "Cost and technical efficiency of German hospitals: does ownership matter?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(9), pages 1057-1071.
- David M. Cutler, 2002. "Equality, Efficiency, and Market Fundamentals: The Dynamics of International Medical-Care Reform," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(3), pages 881-906, September.
- Shiell, Alan, 1991. "Competing hospitals: Assessing the impact of self-governing status in the United Kingdom," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 141-158, December.
- Zwanziger, Jack & Melnick, Glenn A. & Mann, Joyce M., 1990. "Measures of hospital market structure: a review of the alternatives and a proposed approach," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 81-95.
- Marco Varkevisser & Stéphanie Geest & Frederik Schut, 2010. "Assessing hospital competition when prices don’t matter to patients: the use of time-elasticities," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 43-60, March.
- Town, Robert & Vistnes, Gregory, 2001. "Hospital competition in HMO networks," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 733-753, September.
- Chen, Chi-Chen & Cheng, Shou-Hsia, 2010. "Hospital competition and patient-perceived quality of care: Evidence from a single-payer system in Taiwan," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 65-73, November.
- Schut, Frederik T. & Greenberg, Warren & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M., 1991. "Antitrust policy in the Dutch health care system and the relevance of EEC competition policy and U.S. antitrust practice," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 257-284, April.
- Cutler, David, 2002. "Equality, Efficiency, and Market Fundamentals: The Dynamics of International Medical Care Reform," Scholarly Articles 2640584, Harvard University Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hentschker, Corinna & Mennicken, Roman, 2014.
"Selective-referral and unobserved patient heterogeneity - Bias in the volume-outcome relationship,"
Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy
100299, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Hentschker, Corinna & Mennicken, Roman, 2014. "Selective-referral and Unobserved Patient Heterogeneity – Bias in the Volume-outcome Relationship," Ruhr Economic Papers 527, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:247:y:2016:i:2:d:10.1007_s10479-014-1710-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guhl, Dennis & Stargardt, Tom & Schneider, Udo & Fischer, Katharina E., 2016. "Dispensing behaviour of pharmacies in prescription drug markets," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 190-197.
- Mennicken, Roman & Kolodziej, Ingo W.K. & Augurzky, Boris & Kreienberg, Rolf, 2014. "Concentration of gynaecology and obstetrics in Germany: Is comprehensive access at stake?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 118(3), pages 396-406.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0527 is not listed on IDEAS
- Corinna Hentschker & Roman Mennicken, 2014. "Selective-referral and Unobserved Patient Heterogeneity – Bias in the Volume-outcome Relationship," Ruhr Economic Papers 0527, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Schmid, Andreas & Varkevisser, Marco, 2016. "Hospital merger control in Germany, the Netherlands and England: Experiences and challenges," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 16-25.
More about this item
KeywordsHospital sector; Competition; Consolidation; Concentration; Health reform; Selective contracting;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:109:y:2013:i:3:p:301-310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .