Policy instruments to enhance multi-functional forest management
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Leach, Melissa & Mearns, Robin & Scoones, Ian, 1999. "Environmental Entitlements: Dynamics and Institutions in Community-Based Natural Resource Management," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 225-247, February.
- Siry, Jacek P. & Cubbage, Frederick W. & Ahmed, Miyan Rukunuddin, 2005. "Sustainable forest management: global trends and opportunities," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 551-561, May.
- Weiss, Gerhard, 2000. "Evaluation of policy instruments for protective forest management in Austria," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 243-255, December.
- Guldin, Richard W., 2003. "Forest science and forest policy in the Americas: building bridges to a sustainable future," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 329-337, December.
- Gene M. Grossman & Alan B. Krueger, 1995. "Economic Growth and the Environment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(2), pages 353-377.
- Simpson, R David & Sedjo, Roger A & Reid, John W, 1996. "Valuing Biodiversity for Use in Pharmaceutical Research," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 163-185, February.
- Robert T. Deacon & Paul Murphy, 1997. "The Structure of an Environmental Transaction: The Debt-for-Nature Swap," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(1), pages 1-24.
- Jeffrey R. Vincent, 1990. "Rent Capture and the Feasibility of Tropical Forest Management," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(2), pages 212-223.
- Schaaf, Kenli A. & Broussard, Shorna R., 2006. "Private forest policy tools: A national survey exploring the American public's perceptions and support," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 316-334, December.
- Kilgore, Michael A. & Blinn, Charles R., 2004. "Policy tools to encourage the application of sustainable timber harvesting practices in the United States and Canada," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 111-127, March.
- Stroup, Richard & Baden, John, 1973. "Externality, Property Rights, and the Management of our National Forests," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(2), pages 303-312, October.
- Bhattarai, Madhusudan & Hammig, Michael, 2001. "Institutions and the Environmental Kuznets Curve for Deforestation: A Crosscountry Analysis for Latin America, Africa and Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 995-1010, June.
- Theodore Panayotou, 1994. "Conservation of biodiversity and economic development: The concept of transferable development rights," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(1), pages 91-110, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rico, Margarita & González, Andrés, 2015. "Social participation into regional forest planning attending to multifunctional objectives," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 27-34.
- Ficko, Andrej & Boncina, Andrej, 2013. "Probabilistic typology of management decision making in private forest properties," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 34-43.
- Rolfe, John & Windle, Jill, 2015. "Multifunctional recreation and nouveau heritage values in plantation forests," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 131-151.
- repec:eee:forpol:v:86:y:2018:i:c:p:35-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Katarina Haugen, 2016. "Contested Lands? Dissonance and Common Ground in Stakeholder Views on Forest Values," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 107(4), pages 421-434, September.
- Nunes, João & Freitas, Helena, 2016. "An indicator to assess the pellet production per forest area. A case-study from Portugal," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 99-105.
- Harou, Patrice A. & Zheng, Chinlong & Zhang, Daowei, 2013. "The Alternative Test in forestry," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 41-46.
- repec:raf:wpaper:b15527 is not listed on IDEAS
- Primmer, Eeva & Karppinen, Heimo, 2010. "Professional judgment in non-industrial private forestry: Forester attitudes and social norms influencing biodiversity conservation," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 136-146, February.
- Arifin, Bustanul & Swallow, Brent M. & Suyanto, S. & Coe, Richard D., 2009. "A conjoint analysis of farmer preferences for community forestry contracts in the Sumber Jaya Watershed, Indonesia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2040-2050, May.
- Maryudi, Ahmad, 2016. "Choosing timber legality verification as a policy instrument to combat illegal logging in Indonesia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 99-104.
- Bartczak, Anna & Lindhjem, Henrik & Navrud, Ståle & Zandersen, Marianne & Zylicz, Tomasz, 2008.
"Valuing forest recreation on the national level in a transition economy: The case of Poland,"
Forest Policy and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 10(7-8), pages 467-472, October.
- Bartczak, Anna & Lindhjem, Henrik & Navrud, Ståle & Zandersen, Marianne & Zylicz, Tomasz, 2008. "Valuing forest recreation on the national level in a transition economy: The case of Poland," MPRA Paper 11483, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Prabowo, Doni & Maryudi, Ahmad & Senawi, & Imron, Muhammad A., 2017. "Conversion of forests into oil palm plantations in West Kalimantan, Indonesia: Insights from actors' power and its dynamics," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 32-39.
- repec:eee:forpol:v:85:y:2017:i:p1:p:103-113 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Daowei & Stenger, Anne & Harou, Patrice A., 2015. "Policy instruments for developing planted forests: Theory and practices in China, the U.S., Brazil, and France," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 223-237.
- Mi Sun Park, 2015. "Inter-Korean Forest Cooperation 1998–2012: A Policy Arrangement Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(5), pages 1-19, April.
- Ali Abidi, Syeda Ifrah & Noor, Junaid, 2012. "Economic Analysis of Forest Management in Pakistan - A Case Study of Changa Mange and Muree Forest," MPRA Paper 28086, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Korhonen, Katri & Hujala, Teppo & Kurttila, Mikko, 2013. "Diffusion of voluntary protection among family forest owners: Decision process and success factors," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 82-90.
- Fischer, A. Paige, 2012. "Identifying policy target groups with qualitative and quantitative methods: The case of wildfire risk on nonindustrial private forest lands," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 62-71.
- McGinley, Kathleen & Cubbage, Frederick W., 2011. "Governmental regulation and nongovernmental certification of forests in the tropics: Policy, execution, uptake, and overlap in Costa Rica, Guatemala, and Nicaragua," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 206-220, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:forpol:v:9:y:2007:i:7:p:833-851. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/forpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.