Voluntary agreements in protecting privately owned forests in Finland -- To buy or to lease
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Innes & Stephen Polasky & John Tschirhart, 1998. "Takings, Compensation and Endangered Species Protection on Private Lands," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(3), pages 35-52, Summer.
- Stranlund John K., 1995. "Public Mechanisms to Support Compliance to an Environmental Norm," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 205-222, March.
- Wu, JunJie & Babcock, Bruce A., 1999.
"The Relative Efficiency of Voluntary vs Mandatory Environmental Regulations,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 158-175, September.
- Wu, JunJie & Babcock, Bruce, 1999. "The Relative Efficiency of Voluntary vs Mandatory Environmental Regulation," ISU General Staff Papers 199909010700001199, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Smith, Rodney B. W. & Shogren, Jason F., 2002. "Voluntary Incentive Design for Endangered Species Protection," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 169-187, March.
- Langpap, Christian & Wu, JunJie, 2004. "Voluntary conservation of endangered species: when does no regulatory assurance mean no conservation?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 435-457, May.
- JunJie Wu & Bruce A. Babcock, 1996.
"Relative Efficiency of Voluntary Versus Mandatory Environmental Regulations, The,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
96-wp172, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Wu, JunJie & Babcock, Bruce A., 1999. "Relative Efficiency of Voluntary Versus Mandatory Environmental Regulations (The)," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1014, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Martin Whitby & Caroline Saunders, 1996. "Estimating the Supply of Conservation Goods in Britain: A Comparison of the Financial Efficiency of Two Policy Instruments," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(3), pages 313-325.
- Strang, William J, 1983. "On the Optimal Forest Harvesting Decision," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(4), pages 576-583, October.
- Segerson, Kathleen & Miceli, Thomas J., 1998. "Voluntary Environmental Agreements: Good or Bad News for Environmental Protection?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 109-130, September.
- Polasky, Stephen & Doremus, Holly, 1998. "When the Truth Hurts: Endangered Species Policy on Private Land with Imperfect Information," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 22-47, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Põllumäe, Priit & Korjus, Henn & Paluots, Teele, 2014. "Management motives of Estonian private forest owners," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 8-14.
- Vedel, Suzanne Elizabeth & Jacobsen, Jette Bredahl & Thorsen, Bo Jellesmark, 2015. "Forest owners' willingness to accept contracts for ecosystem service provision is sensitive to additionality," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 15-24.
- Juha Hiedanpaa & Daniel W. Bromley, 2012. "Contestations Over Biodiversity Protection: Considering Peircean Semiosis," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 21(3), pages 357-378, August.
- Schöttker, Oliver & Johst, Karin & Drechsler, Martin & Wätzold, Frank, 2016. "Land for biodiversity conservation — To buy or borrow?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 94-103.
- Sunderasan Srinivasan, 2015. "Economic valuation and option-based payments for ecosystem services," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 20(7), pages 1055-1077, October.
- repec:eee:forpol:v:86:y:2018:i:c:p:13-21 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juutinen, Artti & Ollikainen, Markku & Mönkkönen, Mikko & Reunanen, Pasi & Tikkanen, Olli-Pekka & Kouki, Jari, 2014. "Optimal contract length for biodiversity conservation under conservation budget constraint," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 14-24.
- Juutinen, Artti & Mäntymaa, Erkki & Ollikainen, Markku, 2013. "Landowners’ conservation motives and the size of information rents in environmental bidding systems," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 128-148.
- Oleg Sheremet & Enni Ruokamo & Artti Juutinen & Rauli Svento & Nick Hanley, 2017. "Incentivising Participation and Spatial Coordination in Payment for Ecosystem Service Schemes:Forest Disease Control Programs in Finland," Discussion Papers in Environment and Development Economics 2017-13, University of St. Andrews, School of Geography and Sustainable Development.
- Schöttker, Oliver & Wätzold, Frank, 2017. "Cost-effectiveness of buying land for conservation versus paying land-users for conservation measures – the case of preserving an oligotrophic lake in a Natura 2000 area in North Germany," MPRA Paper 80661, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tyrväinen, Liisa & Mäntymaa, Erkki & Ovaskainen, Ville, 2014. "Demand for enhanced forest amenities in private lands: The case of the Ruka-Kuusamo tourism area, Finland," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 4-13.
- Hiedanpää, Juha & Kotilainen, Juha & Salo, Matti, 2011. "Unfolding the organised irresponsibility: Ecosystem approach and the quest for forest biodiversity in Finland, Peru, and Russia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 159-165, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:forpol:v:10:y:2008:i:4:p:230-239. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/forpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.