Liquidity, volume and price efficiency: The impact of order vs. quote driven trading
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Seppi, Duane J, 1990. " Equilibrium Block Trading and Asymmetric Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 73-94, March.
- Seppi, Duane J, 1997. "Liquidity Provision with Limit Orders and a Strategic Specialist," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(1), pages 103-150.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik, 2003. "Issues in assessing trade execution costs," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 233-257, May.
- Easley, David & O'Hara, Maureen, 1987. "Price, trade size, and information in securities markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 69-90, September.
- Ozsoylev, Han N. & Takayama, Shino, 2010.
"Price, trade size, and information revelation in multi-period securities markets,"
Journal of Financial Markets,
Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 49-76, February.
- Shino Takayama & Han Ozsoylev, 2005. "Price, Trade Size, and Information Revelation in Multi-Period Securities Markets," Finance 0510031, EconWPA.
- Han N. Ozsoylev & Shino Takayama, 2005. "Price, Trade Size, and Information Revelation in Multi-Period Securities Markets," OFRC Working Papers Series 2005fe10, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Grossman, Sanford J, 1992.
"The Informational Role of Upstairs and Downstairs Trading,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(4), pages 509-528, October.
- Sanford J. Grossman, "undated". "The Informational Role of Upstairs and Downstairs Trading," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 22-90, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Grossman, S.J., 1990. "The Information Role Of Upstairs And Downstairs Trading," Weiss Center Working Papers 22-90, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Milgrom, Paul & Stokey, Nancy, 1982. "Information, trade and common knowledge," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 17-27, February.
- Kerry Back & Shmuel Baruch, 2007. "Working Orders in Limit Order Markets and Floor Exchanges," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(4), pages 1589-1621, August.
- Glosten, Lawrence R. & Milgrom, Paul R., 1985.
"Bid, ask and transaction prices in a specialist market with heterogeneously informed traders,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Paul R. Milgrom, 1983. "Bid, Ask and Transaction Prices in a Specialist Market with Heterogeneously Informed Traders," Discussion Papers 570, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-1335, November.
- Glosten, Lawrence R, 1994. " Is the Electronic Open Limit Order Book Inevitable?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1127-1161, September.
- Madhavan, Ananth, 1992.
" Trading Mechanisms in Securities Markets,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 607-641, June.
- Ananth N. Madhavan, "undated". "Trading Mechanisms in Securities Markets," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 16-90, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:47:y:2017:i:c:p:72-87 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ngangoue, M. Kathleen & Weizsäcker, Georg, 2018. "Learning From Unrealized versus Realized Prices," Rationality and Competition Discussion Paper Series 66, CRC TRR 190 Rationality and Competition.
- Ghadhab, Imen & Hellara, Slaheddine, 2016. "Price discovery of cross-listed firms," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 177-188.
- Tissaoui, Kais & Ftiti, Zied, 2016. "Liquidity, liquidity risk, and information flow: Lessons from an emerging market," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 28-48.
More about this item
KeywordsOrder and quote driven trading; Hybrid markets; Execution costs; Price efficiency; Liquidity;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finmar:v:16:y:2013:i:1:p:104-126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/finmar .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.