Fast approximations of bond option prices under CKLS models
A new computational method for approximating prices of zero-coupon bonds and bond option prices under general Chan–Karolyi–Longstaff–Schwartz models is proposed. The pricing partial differential equations are discretized using second-order finite difference approximations and an exponential time integration scheme combined with best rational approximations based on the Carathéodory–Fejér procedure is employed for solving the resulting semi-discrete equations. The algorithm has a linear computational complexity and provides accurate bond and European bond option prices. We give several numerical results which illustrate the computational efficiency of the algorithm and uniform second-order convergence rates for the computed bond and bond option prices.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Vasicek, Oldrich Alfonso, 1977. "Abstract: An Equilibrium Characterization of the Term Structure," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 627-627, November.
- Sorwar, Ghulam & Barone-Adesi, Giovanni & Allegretto, Walter, 2007. "Valuation of derivatives based on single-factor interest rate models," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 251-269.
- John C. Cox & Jonathan E. Ingersoll Jr. & Stephen A. Ross, 2005.
"A Theory Of The Term Structure Of Interest Rates,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 5, pages 129-164
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Choi, Youngsoo & Wirjanto, Tony S., 2007. "An analytic approximation formula for pricing zero-coupon bonds," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 116-126, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finlet:v:8:y:2011:i:4:p:206-212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.