Optimality of the RiskMetrics VaR model
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Clive W.J. Granger, 1999. "Outline of forecast theory using generalized cost functions," Spanish Economic Review, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 1(2), pages 161-173.
- Komunjer, Ivana, 2005.
"Quasi-maximum likelihood estimation for conditional quantiles,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 128(1), pages 137-164, September.
- Komunjer, Ivana, 2002. "Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimation for Conditional Quantiles," Working Papers 1139, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- White,Halbert, 1996.
"Estimation, Inference and Specification Analysis,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521574464, November.
- McNeil, Alexander J. & Frey, Rudiger, 2000. "Estimation of tail-related risk measures for heteroscedastic financial time series: an extreme value approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 271-300, November.
- Giacomini, Raffaella & Komunjer, Ivana, 2002.
"Evaluation and Combination of Conditional Quantile Forecasts,"
University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series
qt4n99t4wz, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Giacomini, Raffaella & Komunjer, Ivana, 2005. "Evaluation and Combination of Conditional Quantile Forecasts," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 23, pages 416-431, October.
- Raffaella Giacomini & Ivana Komunjer, 2003. "Evaluation and Combination of Conditional Quantile Forecasts," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 571, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Christoffersen, Peter & Jacobs, Kris, 2004.
"The importance of the loss function in option valuation,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 291-318, May.
- Peter Christoffersen & Kris Jacobs, 2003. "The Importance of the Loss Function in Option Valuation," CIRANO Working Papers 2003s-52, CIRANO.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- West, Kenneth D, 1996.
"Asymptotic Inference about Predictive Ability,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(5), pages 1067-84, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finlet:v:4:y:2007:i:3:p:137-145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.