Pre-bid price run-ups and insider trading activity: Evidence from Canadian acquisitions
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mikkelson, Wayne H. & Partch, M. Megan, 1986. "Valuation effects of security offerings and the issuance process," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 31-60.
- Nasser Arshadi & Thomas H. Eyssell, 1991. "Regulatory Deterrence and Registered Insider Trading: The Case of Tender Offers," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 20(2), Summer.
- Eyssell, Thomas H & Arshadi, Nasser, 1993. "Insiders, Outsiders, or Trend Chasers?: An Investigation of Pre-takeover Transactions in the Shares of Target Firms," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 16(1), pages 49-59, Spring.
- Lee, Moon H. & Bishara, Halim, 1985. "Securities regulation and market efficiency," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 247-254, December.
- Seyhun, H Nejat, 1990. "Do Bidder Managers Knowingly Pay Too Much for Target Firms?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(4), pages 439-64, October.
- Keown, Arthur J & Pinkerton, John M, 1981. "Merger Announcements and Insider Trading Activity: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(4), pages 855-69, September.
- Givoly, Dan & Palmon, Dan, 1985. "Insider Trading and the Exploitation of Inside Information: Some Empirical Evidence," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Calvet, A L & Lefoll, J, 1987. "Information Asymmetry and Wealth Effect of Canadian Corporate Acquisitions," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 22(4), pages 415-31, November.
- Sanders, Ralph W. & Zdanowicz, John S., 1992. "Target Firm Abnormal Returns and Trading Volume around the Initiation of Change in Control Transactions," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(01), pages 109-129, March.
- Lee, Moon H & Bishara, Halim, 1989. "Recent Canadian Experience on the Profitability of Insider Trades," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 24(2), pages 235-49, May.
- G. William Schwert, 1994.
"Mark-Up Pricing in Mergers and Acquisitions,"
NBER Working Papers
4863, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cowan, Arnold R. & Nayar, Nandkumar & Singh, Ajai K., 1990. "Stock Returns before and after Calls of Convertible Bonds," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(04), pages 549-554, December.
- Jarrell, Gregg A & Poulsen, Annette B, 1989. "Stock Trading before the Announcement of Tender Offers: Insider Trading or Market Anticipation?," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 225-48, Fall.
- Jennings, Robert, 1994. "Intraday Changes in Target Firms' Share Price and Bid-Ask Quotes around Takeover Announcements," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 17(2), pages 255-70, Summer.
- Meulbroek, Lisa K, 1992. " An Empirical Analysis of Illegal Insider Trading," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(5), pages 1661-99, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:9:y:2000:i:1:p:21-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.