Continuous-time VIX dynamics: On the role of stochastic volatility of volatility
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Britten-Jones & Anthony Neuberger, 2000. "Option Prices, Implied Price Processes, and Stochastic Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(2), pages 839-866, April.
- Becker, Ralf & Clements, Adam E. & McClelland, Andrew, 2009.
"The jump component of S&P 500 volatility and the VIX index,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1033-1038, June.
- Ralf Becker & Adam Clements & Andrew McClelland, 2008. "The Jump component of S&P 500 volatility and the VIX index," NCER Working Paper Series 24, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- Bjørn Eraker & Michael Johannes & Nicholas Polson, 2003. "The Impact of Jumps in Volatility and Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(3), pages 1269-1300, June.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G & Rossi, Peter E, 2002. "Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Volatility Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G & Rossi, Peter E, 1994. "Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Volatility Models: Comments: Reply," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(4), pages 413-417, October.
- Chourdakis, Kyriakos & Dotsis, George, 2011. "Maximum likelihood estimation of non-affine volatility processes," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 533-545, June.
- repec:bla:restud:v:65:y:1998:i:3:p:361-93 is not listed on IDEAS
- George J. Jiang & Yisong S. Tian, 2005. "The Model-Free Implied Volatility and Its Information Content," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(4), pages 1305-1342.
- Duan, Jin-Chuan & Yeh, Chung-Ying, 2010. "Jump and volatility risk premiums implied by VIX," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2232-2244, November.
- Peter Christoffersen & Kris Jacobs & Karim Mimouni, 2010. "Volatility Dynamics for the S&P500: Evidence from Realized Volatility, Daily Returns, and Option Prices," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(8), pages 3141-3189, August.
- Wu, Liuren, 2011. "Variance dynamics: Joint evidence from options and high-frequency returns," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 160(1), pages 280-287, January.
- Eraker, Bjorn, 2001. "MCMC Analysis of Diffusion Models with Application to Finance," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(2), pages 177-191, April.
- Konstantinidi, Eirini & Skiadopoulos, George & Tzagkaraki, Emilia, 2008. "Can the evolution of implied volatility be forecasted? Evidence from European and US implied volatility indices," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2401-2411, November.
- Dotsis, George & Psychoyios, Dimitris & Skiadopoulos, George, 2007. "An empirical comparison of continuous-time models of implied volatility indices," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3584-3603, December.
- Jones, Christopher S., 2003. "The dynamics of stochastic volatility: evidence from underlying and options markets," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 116(1-2), pages 181-224.
- Chernov, Mikhail & Ronald Gallant, A. & Ghysels, Eric & Tauchen, George, 2003.
"Alternative models for stock price dynamics,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 116(1-2), pages 225-257.
- Chernov, Mikhail & Gallant, A. Ronald & Ghysels, Eric & Tauchen, George, 2002. "Alternative Models for Stock Price Dynamic," Working Papers 02-03, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Mikhail Chernov & A. Ronald Gallant & Eric Ghysels & George Tauchen, 2002. "Alternative Models for Stock Price Dynamics," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-58, CIRANO.
- Song‐Ping Zhu & Guang‐Hua Lian, 2012. "An analytical formula for VIX futures and its applications," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(2), pages 166-190, February.
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
- Mark Broadie & Mikhail Chernov & Michael Johannes, 2007. "Model Specification and Risk Premia: Evidence from Futures Options," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(3), pages 1453-1490, June.
- Grunbichler, Andreas & Longstaff, Francis A., 1996. "Valuing futures and options on volatility," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 985-1001, July.
- Dimitris Psychoyios & George Dotsis & Raphael Markellos, 2010. "A jump diffusion model for VIX volatility options and futures," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 245-269, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kenourgios, Dimitris, 2014. "On financial contagion and implied market volatility," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 21-30.
- repec:ids:ijbder:v:3:y:2017:i:2:p:153-175 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:194-204 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aboura, Sofiane & Chevallier, Julien, 2015.
"Geographical diversification with a World Volatility Index,"
Journal of Multinational Financial Management,
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 62-82.
- Julien Chevallier & Sofiane Aboura, 2015. "Geographical Diversification with a World Volatility Index," Post-Print hal-01529755, HAL.
- Gonzalez-Perez, Maria T., 2015. "Model-free volatility indexes in the financial literature: A review," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 141-159.
- repec:taf:quantf:v:17:y:2017:i:2:p:227-240 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsVIX; Volatility indices; Jumps; Stochastic volatility of volatility;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:28:y:2013:i:c:p:46-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620166 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.