How can management control system fairness reduce managers’ unethical behaviours?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chenhall, Robert H. & Langfield-Smith, Kim, 2007. "Multiple Perspectives of Performance Measures," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 266-282, August.
- Van der Stede, Wim A., 2000. "The relationship between two consequences of budgetary controls: budgetary slack creation and managerial short-term orientation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 609-622, August.
- Merchant, Kenneth A., 1985. "Budgeting and the propensity to create budgetary slack," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 201-210, April.
- Cohen-Charash, Yochi & Spector, Paul E., 2001. "The Role of Justice in Organizations: A Meta-Analysis," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 278-321, November.
- Alexandre Ardichvili & Douglas Jondle & Brenda Kowske & Edgard Cornachione & Jessica Li & Thomas Thakadipuram, 2012. "Ethical Cultures in Large Business Organizations in Brazil, Russia, India, and China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 415-428.
- Nouri, Hossein, 1994. "Using organizational commitment and job involment to predict budgetary slack: A research note," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 289-295, April.
- Libby, Theresa, 1999. "The influence of voice and explanation on performance in a participative budgeting setting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 125-137, April.
- Merchant, Kenneth A., 1990. "The effects of financial controls on data manipulation and management Myopia," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 297-313.
- Kenneth A. Merchant & Wim A. Van der Stede & Thomas W. Lin & Zengbiao Yu, 2011. "Performance Measurement and Incentive Compensation: An Empirical Analysis and Comparison of Chinese and Western Firms' Practices," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 639-667, May.
- Lukka, Kari, 1988. "Budgetary biasing in organizations: Theoretical framework and empirical evidence," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 281-301, April.
- Cropanzano, Russell & Stein, Jordan H., 2009. "Organizational Justice and Behavioral Ethics: Promises and Prospects," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(02), pages 193-233, April.
- E. Allan Lind & Bonnie E. Erickson & Nehemia Friedland & Michael Dickenberger, 1978. "Reactions to Procedural Models for Adjudicative Conflict Resolution," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 22(2), pages 318-339, June.
- Merchant, Kenneth A. & Bruns, William Jr., 1986. "Measurements to cure management myopia," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 56-64.
- Adam Barsky, 2008. "Understanding the Ethical Cost of Organizational Goal-Setting: A Review and Theory Development," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 63-81.
- Magner, Nace & Welker, Robert B. & Campbell, Terry L., 1995. "The interactive effect of budgetary participation and budget favorability on attitudes toward budgetary decision makers: A research note," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(7-8), pages 611-618.
- DeFond, Mark L. & Park, Chul W., 1997. "Smoothing income in anticipation of future earnings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 115-139, July.
- Hartmann, Frank & Slapnicar, Sergeja, 2009. "How formal performance evaluation affects trust between superior and subordinate managers," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(6-7), pages 722-737, August.
- repec:bla:joares:v:33:y:1995:i::p:101-128 is not listed on IDEAS
- Merchant, Kenneth A. & Rockness, Joanne, 1994. "The ethics of managing earnings: An empirical investigation," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, pages 79-94.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ernesto Lopez-Valeiras & Jacobo Gomez-Conde & David Naranjo-Gil, 2015. "Sustainable Innovation, Management Accounting and Control Systems, and International Performance," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(3), pages 1-14, March.
More about this item
KeywordsManagement control systems; Ethics; Fairness; Justice; Slack; Data manipulation; Organisational commitment; Trust;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eurman:v:31:y:2013:i:3:p:209-222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/115/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.