Challenges for environmental education evaluation
The articles in this special issue cover a range of practices in environmental education evaluation, from program evaluations to training and organizational impact. This article reflects on this collection and offers six recommendations on three broad themes that the issue's authors identify as shortcomings or opportunities for change: capacity building, program theory, and learning organizations.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heimlich, Joe E., 2010. "Environmental education evaluation: Reinterpreting education as a strategy for meeting mission," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 180-185, May.
- Carleton-Hug, Annelise & Hug, J. William, 2010. "Challenges and opportunities for evaluating environmental education programs," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 159-164, May.
- Fleming, M. Lynette & Easton, Janice, 2010. "Building environmental educators' evaluation capacity through distance education," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 172-177, May.
- Jenks, Brett & Vaughan, Peter W. & Butler, Paul J., 2010. "The evolution of Rare Pride: Using evaluation to drive adaptive management in a biodiversity conservation organization," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 186-190, May.
- Flowers, Alice B., 2010. "Blazing an evaluation pathway: Lessons learned from applying utilization-focused evaluation to a conservation education program," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 165-171, May.
- Zint, Michaela, 2010. "An introduction to My Environmental Education Evaluation Resource Assistant (MEERA), a web-based resource for self-directed learning about environmental education program evaluation," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 178-179, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:epplan:v:33:y:2010:i:2:p:194-196. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.