Forecasting energy market indices with recurrent neural networks: Case study of crude oil price fluctuations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Tiansong & Wang, Jun & Zhang, Junhuan & Fang, Wen, 2011. "Voter interacting systems applied to Chinese stock markets," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 81(11), pages 2492-2506.
- Ebrahimpour, Reza & Nikoo, Hossein & Masoudnia, Saeed & Yousefi, Mohammad Reza & Ghaemi, Mohammad Sajjad, 2011.
"Mixture of MLP-experts for trend forecasting of time series: A case study of the Tehran stock exchange,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 804-816, July.
- Ebrahimpour, Reza & Nikoo, Hossein & Masoudnia, Saeed & Yousefi, Mohammad Reza & Ghaemi, Mohammad Sajjad, 2011. "Mixture of MLP-experts for trend forecasting of time series: A case study of the Tehran stock exchange," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 804-816.
- Saif Ghouri, Salman, 2006. "Assessment of the relationship between oil prices and US oil stocks," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3327-3333, November.
- Alvarez-Ramirez, Jose & Alvarez, Jesus & Rodriguez, Eduardo, 2008. "Short-term predictability of crude oil markets: A detrended fluctuation analysis approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2645-2656, September.
- Yoshio Kajitani & A. Ian Mcleod & Keith W. Hipel, 2005. "Forecasting nonlinear time series with feed-forward neural networks: a case study of Canadian lynx data," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(2), pages 105-117.
- Sermpinis, Georgios & Stasinakis, Charalampos & Dunis, Christian, 2014. "Stochastic and genetic neural network combinations in trading and hybrid time-varying leverage effects," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 21-54.
- Oberndorfer, Ulrich, 2009. "Energy prices, volatility, and the stock market: Evidence from the Eurozone," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5787-5795, December.
- Yao Yu & Jun Wang, 2012. "Lattice-oriented percolation system applied to volatility behavior of stock market," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 785-797, August.
- Olson, Dennis & Mossman, Charles, 2003. "Neural network forecasts of Canadian stock returns using accounting ratios," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 453-465.
- Ghiassi, M. & Saidane, H. & Zimbra, D.K., 2005. "A dynamic artificial neural network model for forecasting time series events," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 341-362.
- Xiao, Di & Wang, Jun, 2012. "Modeling stock price dynamics by continuum percolation system and relevant complex systems analysis," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(20), pages 4827-4838.
- Makridakis, Spyros, 1993. "Accuracy measures: theoretical and practical concerns," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 527-529, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liyang Tang, 2020. "Application of Nonlinear Autoregressive with Exogenous Input (NARX) neural network in macroeconomic forecasting, national goal setting and global competitiveness assessment," Papers 2005.08735, arXiv.org.
- Xing, Yani & Wang, Jun, 2019. "Statistical volatility duration and complexity of financial dynamics on Sierpinski gasket lattice percolation," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 513(C), pages 234-247.
- Bugała, A. & Zaborowicz, M. & Boniecki, P. & Janczak, D. & Koszela, K. & Czekała, W. & Lewicki, A., 2018. "Short-term forecast of generation of electric energy in photovoltaic systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P1), pages 306-312.
- Huang, Lili & Wang, Jun, 2018. "Global crude oil price prediction and synchronization based accuracy evaluation using random wavelet neural network," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 875-888.
- Radosław Puka & Bartosz Łamasz, 2020. "Using Artificial Neural Networks to Find Buy Signals for WTI Crude Oil Call Options," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(17), pages 1-20, August.
- Linlin Zhao & Zhansheng Liu & Jasper Mbachu, 2019. "Energy Management through Cost Forecasting for Residential Buildings in New Zealand," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(15), pages 1-24, July.
- Abdollahi, Hooman, 2020. "A novel hybrid model for forecasting crude oil price based on time series decomposition," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 267(C).
- Amber, K.P. & Ahmad, R. & Aslam, M.W. & Kousar, A. & Usman, M. & Khan, M.S., 2018. "Intelligent techniques for forecasting electricity consumption of buildings," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 886-893.
- Jiang, Meihui & An, Haizhong & Jia, Xiaoliang & Sun, Xiaoqi, 2017. "The influence of global benchmark oil prices on the regional oil spot market in multi-period evolution," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 742-752.
- Zhang, Yali & Wang, Jun, 2019. "Linkage influence of energy market on financial market by multiscale complexity synchronization," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 516(C), pages 254-266.
- Yue Liu & Hao Dong & Pierre Failler, 2019. "The Oil Market Reactions to OPEC’s Announcements," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(17), pages 1-15, August.
- Lu-Tao Zhao & Guan-Rong Zeng & Wen-Jing Wang & Zhi-Gang Zhang, 2019. "Forecasting Oil Price Using Web-based Sentiment Analysis," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(22), pages 1-18, November.
- Zeng, Yu-Rong & Zeng, Yi & Choi, Beomjin & Wang, Lin, 2017. "Multifactor-influenced energy consumption forecasting using enhanced back-propagation neural network," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 381-396.
- Wang, Bin & Wang, Jun, 2020. "Energy futures and spots prices forecasting by hybrid SW-GRU with EMD and error evaluation," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(C).
- Li, Jinchao & Zhu, Shaowen & Wu, Qianqian, 2019. "Monthly crude oil spot price forecasting using variational mode decomposition," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 240-253.
- Cen, Zhongpei & Wang, Jun, 2019. "Crude oil price prediction model with long short term memory deep learning based on prior knowledge data transfer," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 160-171.
- Yang, Wendong & Wang, Jianzhou & Niu, Tong & Du, Pei, 2019. "A hybrid forecasting system based on a dual decomposition strategy and multi-objective optimization for electricity price forecasting," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 235(C), pages 1205-1225.
- Wenquan Jin & Israr Ullah & Shabir Ahmad & Dohyeun Kim, 2019. "Occupant Comfort Management Based on Energy Optimization Using an Environment Prediction Model in Smart Homes," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(4), pages 1-18, February.
- Cheng, Fangzheng & Li, Tian & Wei, Yi-ming & Fan, Tijun, 2019. "The VEC-NAR model for short-term forecasting of oil prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 656-667.
- Peng, Lu & Liu, Shan & Liu, Rui & Wang, Lin, 2018. "Effective long short-term memory with differential evolution algorithm for electricity price prediction," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 1301-1314.
- Jiang, Ping & Wang, Biao & Li, Hongmin & Lu, Haiyan, 2019. "Modeling for chaotic time series based on linear and nonlinear framework: Application to wind speed forecasting," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 468-482.
- Zhao, Shangmei & Chen, Xinyi & Zhang, Junhuan, 2019. "The systemic risk of China’s stock market during the crashes in 2008 and 2015," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 520(C), pages 161-177.
More about this item
KeywordsForecast; Energy market; Oil price fluctuation; Empirical predictive effect analysis; CID (complexity invariant distance) and MCID (multiscale CID) measures; Random Elman recurrent neural network;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:102:y:2016:i:c:p:365-374. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.