Forecasting energy market indices with recurrent neural networks: Case study of crude oil price fluctuations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Saif Ghouri, Salman, 2006. "Assessment of the relationship between oil prices and US oil stocks," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3327-3333, November.
- Alvarez-Ramirez, Jose & Alvarez, Jesus & Rodriguez, Eduardo, 2008. "Short-term predictability of crude oil markets: A detrended fluctuation analysis approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2645-2656, September.
- Yoshio Kajitani & A. Ian Mcleod & Keith W. Hipel, 2005. "Forecasting nonlinear time series with feed-forward neural networks: a case study of Canadian lynx data," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(2), pages 105-117.
- Sermpinis, Georgios & Stasinakis, Charalampos & Dunis, Christian, 2014. "Stochastic and genetic neural network combinations in trading and hybrid time-varying leverage effects," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 21-54.
- Oberndorfer, Ulrich, 2009. "Energy prices, volatility, and the stock market: Evidence from the Eurozone," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5787-5795, December.
- Wang, Tiansong & Wang, Jun & Zhang, Junhuan & Fang, Wen, 2011. "Voter interacting systems applied to Chinese stock markets," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 81(11), pages 2492-2506.
- Yao Yu & Jun Wang, 2012. "Lattice-oriented percolation system applied to volatility behavior of stock market," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 785-797, August.
- Olson, Dennis & Mossman, Charles, 2003. "Neural network forecasts of Canadian stock returns using accounting ratios," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 453-465.
- Ghiassi, M. & Saidane, H. & Zimbra, D.K., 2005. "A dynamic artificial neural network model for forecasting time series events," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 341-362.
- Xiao, Di & Wang, Jun, 2012. "Modeling stock price dynamics by continuum percolation system and relevant complex systems analysis," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(20), pages 4827-4838.
- Ebrahimpour, Reza & Nikoo, Hossein & Masoudnia, Saeed & Yousefi, Mohammad Reza & Ghaemi, Mohammad Sajjad, 2011.
"Mixture of MLP-experts for trend forecasting of time series: A case study of the Tehran stock exchange,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 804-816, July.
- Ebrahimpour, Reza & Nikoo, Hossein & Masoudnia, Saeed & Yousefi, Mohammad Reza & Ghaemi, Mohammad Sajjad, 2011. "Mixture of MLP-experts for trend forecasting of time series: A case study of the Tehran stock exchange," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 804-816.
- Makridakis, Spyros, 1993. "Accuracy measures: theoretical and practical concerns," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 527-529, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jiang, Meihui & An, Haizhong & Jia, Xiaoliang & Sun, Xiaoqi, 2017. "The influence of global benchmark oil prices on the regional oil spot market in multi-period evolution," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 742-752.
- repec:eee:energy:v:127:y:2017:i:c:p:381-396 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:rensus:v:81:y:2018:i:p1:p:306-312 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsForecast; Energy market; Oil price fluctuation; Empirical predictive effect analysis; CID (complexity invariant distance) and MCID (multiscale CID) measures; Random Elman recurrent neural network;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:102:y:2016:i:c:p:365-374. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.