Energy literacy of secondary students in New York State (USA): A measure of knowledge, affect, and behavior
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dias, Rubens A. & Mattos, Cristiano R. & Balestieri, Jose A. P., 2004. "Energy education: breaking up the rational energy use barriers," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 1339-1347, July.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2009. "Rejecting renewables: The socio-technical impediments to renewable electricity in the United States," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4500-4513, November.
- Zografakis, Nikolaos & Menegaki, Angeliki N. & Tsagarakis, Konstantinos P., 2008. "Effective education for energy efficiency," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 3216-3222, August.
- Owens, Susan & Driffill, Louise, 2008. "How to change attitudes and behaviours in the context of energy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4412-4418, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rahman, Abul & Khanam, Tahamina & Pelkonen, Paavo, 2017. "People’s knowledge, perceptions, and attitudes towards stump harvesting for bioenergy production in Finland," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 107-116.
- Chen, Kuan-Li & Huang, Su-Han & Liu, Shiang-Yao, 2013. "Devising a framework for energy education in Taiwan using the analytic hierarchy process," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 396-403.
- Kandpal, Tara C. & Broman, Lars, 2014. "Renewable energy education: A global status review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 300-324.
- Lane, Jennie F. & Floress, Kristin & Rickert, Melissa, 2014. "Development of school energy policy and energy education plans: A comparative case study in three Wisconsin school communities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 323-331.
- Krishnamurti, Tamar & Davis, Alexander L. & Wong-Parodi, Gabrielle & Wang, Jack & Canfield, Casey, 2013. "Creating an in-home display: Experimental evidence and guidelines for design," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 448-458.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:673-683 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:nathaz:v:91:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11069-017-3138-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Castleberry, Becca & Gliedt, Travis & Greene, J. Scott, 2016. "Assessing drivers and barriers of energy-saving measures in Oklahoma’s public schools," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 216-228.
- Halder, Pradipta, 2014. "Perceptions of energy production from forest biomass among school students in Finland: Directions for the future bioenergy policies," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 372-377.
- repec:kap:jcopol:v:40:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10603-017-9361-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Lung-Sheng & Lee, Yi-Fang & Altschuld, James W. & Pan, Ying-Ju, 2015. "Energy literacy: Evaluating knowledge, affect, and behavior of students in Taiwan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 98-106.
- Ntona, Eirini & Arabatzis, Garyfallos & Kyriakopoulos, Grigorios L., 2015. "Energy saving: Views and attitudes of students in secondary education," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 1-15.
- Fell, Michael J. & Chiu, Lai Fong, 2014. "Children, parents and home energy use: Exploring motivations and limits to energy demand reduction," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 351-358.
- Julia Blasch & Nilkanth Kumar & Massimo Filippini, 2016. "Boundedly rational consumers, energy and investment literacy, and the display of information on household appliances," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 16/249, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Yue, Ting & Long, Ruyin & Chen, Hong, 2013. "Factors influencing energy-saving behavior of urban households in Jiangsu Province," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 665-675.
- Baharoon, Dhyia Aidroos & Rahman, Hasimah Abdul & Fadhl, Saeed Obaid, 2016. "Personal and psychological factors affecting the successful development of solar energy use in Yemen power sector: A case study," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 516-535.
- Chiu, Mei-Shiu, 2013. "Tensions in implementing the “energy-conservation/carbon-reduction” policy in Taiwanese culture," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 415-425.
- Craig, Christopher A., 2016. "Energy consumption, energy efficiency, and consumer perceptions: A case study for the Southeast United States," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 660-669.
- Keramitsoglou, Kiriaki M., 2016. "Exploring adolescents’ knowledge, perceptions and attitudes towards Renewable Energy Sources: A colour choice approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 1159-1169.
- Kacan, Erkan, 2015. "Renewable energy awareness in vocational and technical education," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 126-134.
- Craig, Christopher A. & Allen, Myria W., 2015. "The impact of curriculum-based learning on environmental literacy and energy consumption with implications for policy," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 41-49.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy education Energy literacy Assessment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:39:y:2011:i:3:p:1699-1710. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.