Transformation of India's steel and cement industry in a sustainable 1.5 °C world
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Feng Shi & Tao Huang & Hiroki Tanikawa & Ji Han & Seiji Hashimoto & Yuichi Moriguchi, 2012. "Toward a Low Carbon–Dematerialization Society," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 16(4), pages 493-505, August.
- Akashi, Osamu & Hanaoka, Tatsuya & Matsuoka, Yuzuru & Kainuma, Mikiko, 2011. "A projection for global CO2 emissions from the industrial sector through 2030 based on activity level and technology changes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1855-1867.
- Lucas, Paul L. & Shukla, P.R. & Chen, Wenying & van Ruijven, Bas J. & Dhar, Subash & den Elzen, Michel G.J. & van Vuuren, Detlef P., 2013. "Implications of the international reduction pledges on long-term energy system changes and costs in China and India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 1032-1041.
- Dutta, Monica & Mukherjee, Saptarshi, 2010. "An outlook into energy consumption in large scale industries in India: The cases of steel, aluminium and cement," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7286-7298, November.
- Wang, Changjian & Wang, Fei & Zhang, Xinlin & Yang, Yu & Su, Yongxian & Ye, Yuyao & Zhang, Hongou, 2017. "Examining the driving factors of energy related carbon emissions using the extended STIRPAT model based on IPAT identity in Xinjiang," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 51-61.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- González Palencia, Juan C. & Furubayashi, Takaaki & Nakata, Toshihiko, 2013. "Analysis of CO2 emissions reduction potential in secondary production and semi-fabrication of non-ferrous metals," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 328-341.
- An, Runying & Yu, Biying & Li, Ru & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2018. "Potential of energy savings and CO2 emission reduction in China’s iron and steel industry," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 226(C), pages 862-880.
- Sinha, Rakesh Kumar & Chaturvedi, Nitin Dutt, 2019. "A review on carbon emission reduction in industries and planning emission limits," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 1-1.
- Gupta, Dipti & Ghersi, Frédéric & Vishwanathan, Saritha S. & Garg, Amit, 2019. "Achieving sustainable development in India along low carbon pathways: Macroeconomic assessment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 1-1.
- Dong, Kangyin & Hochman, Gal & Zhang, Yaqing & Sun, Renjin & Li, Hui & Liao, Hua, 2018. "CO2 emissions, economic and population growth, and renewable energy: Empirical evidence across regions," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 180-192.
- Cui, Can & Shan, Yuli & Liu, Jianghua & Yu, Xiang & Wang, Hongtao & Wang, Zhen, 2019. "CO2 emissions and their spatial patterns of Xinjiang cities in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 252(C), pages 1-1.
- Yang, Tian-Jian & Zhang, Yue-Jun & Huang, Jin & Peng, Ruo-Hong, 2013.
"Estimating the energy saving potential of telecom operators in China,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 448-459.
- Tian-Jian Yang & Yue-Jun Zhang & Jin Huang & Ruo-Hong Peng, 2012. "Estimating the energy saving potential of telecom operators in China," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 37, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Kermeli, Katerina & Edelenbosch, Oreane Y. & Crijns-Graus, Wina & van Ruijven, Bas J. & Mima, Silvana & van Vuuren, Detlef P. & Worrell, Ernst, 2019.
"The scope for better industry representation in long-term energy models: Modeling the cement industry,"
Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 240(C), pages 964-985.
- Katerina Kermeli & Oreane Edelenbosch & Wina Crijns-Graus & Bas van Ruijven & Silvana Mima & Detlef van Vuuren & Ernst Worrell, 2019. "The scope for better industry representation in long-term energy models: Modeling the cement industry," Post-Print hal-02061441, HAL.
- Daniel Johansson & Paul Lucas & Matthias Weitzel & Erik Ahlgren & A. Bazaz & Wenying Chen & Michel Elzen & Joydeep Ghosh & Maria Grahn & Qiao-Mei Liang & Sonja Peterson & Basanta Pradhan & Bas Ruijven, 2015.
"Multi-model comparison of the economic and energy implications for China and India in an international climate regime,"
Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 20(8), pages 1335-1359, December.
- Daniel J.A. Johansson & Paul L. Lucas & Matthias Weitzel & Erik O. Ahlgren & A.B. Bazaz & Wenying Chen & Michel G.J. den Elzen & Joydeep Ghosh & Qiao-Mei Liang & Sonja Peterson & Basanta K. Pradhan & , 2012. "Multi-model analyses of the economic and energy implications for China and India in a post-Kyoto climate regime," Kiel Working Papers 1808, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Thirugnanasambandam, M. & Hasanuzzaman, M. & Saidur, R. & Ali, M.B. & Rajakarunakaran, S. & Devaraj, D. & Rahim, N.A., 2011. "Analysis of electrical motors load factors and energy savings in an Indian cement industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 4307-4314.
- Dincer, Hasan & Yuksel, Serhat, 2019. "Balanced scorecard-based analysis of investment decisions for the renewable energy alternatives: A comparative analysis based on the hybrid fuzzy decision-making approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 1259-1270.
- Mikulčić, Hrvoje & Vujanović, Milan & Fidaros, Dimitris K. & Priesching, Peter & Minić, Ivica & Tatschl, Reinhard & Duić, Neven & Stefanović, Gordana, 2012. "The application of CFD modelling to support the reduction of CO2 emissions in cement industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 464-473.
- Lechtenböhmer, Stefan & Nilsson, Lars J. & Åhman, Max & Schneider, Clemens, 2016. "Decarbonising the energy intensive basic materials industry through electrification – Implications for future EU electricity demand," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(P3), pages 1623-1631.
- Johansson, Daniel J. A. & Lucas, Paul L. & Weitzel, Matthias & Ahlgren, Erik O. & Bazaz, A. B. & Chen, Wenying & den Elzen, Michel G. J. & Ghosh, Joydeep & Grahn, Maria & Liang, Qiao-Mei & Peterson, S, 2012. "Multi-model analyses of the economic and energy implications for China and India in a post-Kyoto climate regime," Kiel Working Papers 1808, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Vaillancourt, Kathleen & Bahn, Olivier & Frenette, Erik & Sigvaldason, Oskar, 2017. "Exploring deep decarbonization pathways to 2050 for Canada using an optimization energy model framework," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 195(C), pages 774-785.
- Zhou, Sheng & Kyle, G. Page & Yu, Sha & Clarke, Leon E. & Eom, Jiyong & Luckow, Patrick & Chaturvedi, Vaibhav & Zhang, Xiliang & Edmonds, James A., 2013. "Energy use and CO2 emissions of China's industrial sector from a global perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 284-294.
- Xu, Lei & Chen, Nengcheng & Chen, Zeqiang, 2017. "Will China make a difference in its carbon intensity reduction targets by 2020 and 2030?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 203(C), pages 874-882.
- Park, Nyun-Bae & Park, Sang Yong & Kim, Jong-Jin & Choi, Dong Gu & Yun, Bo Yeong & Hong, Jong Chul, 2017. "Technical and economic potential of highly efficient boiler technologies in the Korean industrial sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 884-891.
- Lund, Henrik, 2018. "Renewable heating strategies and their consequences for storage and grid infrastructures comparing a smart grid to a smart energy systems approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 94-102.
- Hannan, M.A. & Faisal, M. & Jern Ker, Pin & Begum, R.A. & Dong, Z.Y. & Zhang, C., 2020. "Review of optimal methods and algorithms for sizing energy storage systems to achieve decarbonization in microgrid applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 131(C).
More about this item
KeywordsMaterial flow model; Energy system model; Scenarios; Industry;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:137:y:2020:i:c:s0301421519306913. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.