Why fuel prices differ
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Persson, Torsten & Tabellini, Guido, 2002.
"Political economics and public finance,"
Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 24, pages 1549-1659
- Torsten Persson & Guido Tabellini, "undated". "Political Economics and Public Finance," Working Papers 149, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Torsten Persson & Guido Tabellini, 1999. "Political Economics and Public Finance," NBER Working Papers 7097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Persson, Torsten & Tabellini, Guido, 1999. "Political Economics and Public Finance," CEPR Discussion Papers 2235, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Baumol, William J & Bradford, David F, 1970. "Optimal Departures from Marginal Cost Pricing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 265-283.
- Rietveld, P. & Bruinsma, F. R. & van Vuuren, D. J., 2001. "Spatial graduation of fuel taxes; consequences for cross-border and domestic fuelling," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 433-457, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fullerton, Thomas M. & Jiménez, Alan A. & Walke, Adam G., 2015. "An econometric analysis of retail gasoline prices in a border metropolitan economy," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 450-461.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:303-312 is not listed on IDEAS
- González, Rosa Marina & Marrero, Gustavo A., 2012. "The effect of dieselization in passenger cars emissions for Spanish regions: 1998–2006," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 213-222.
- Burke, Paul J. & Nishitateno, Shuhei, 2013. "Gasoline prices, gasoline consumption, and new-vehicle fuel economy: Evidence for a large sample of countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 363-370.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Proost, Stef, 2010.
"Carve-outs under airline antitrust immunity,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, pages 657-668.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Stef Proost, 2009. "Carve-Outs under Airline Antitrust Immunity," CESifo Working Paper Series 2848, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fay Dunkerley & Amihai Glazer & Stef Proost, 2010. "What Drives Gasoline Prices?," Working Papers 091005, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Liddle, Brantley & Lung, Sidney, 2015. "The endogeneity of OECD gasoline taxes: Evidence from pair-wise, heterogeneous panel long-run causality tests," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 31-38.
- Bello, Alejandro & Contín-Pilart, Ignacio, 2012. "Taxes, cost and demand shifters as determinants in the regional gasoline price formation process: Evidence from Spain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 439-448.
- Julien Daubanes & Lisa Leinert, 2012. "Optimum Tariffs and Exhaustible Resources: Theory and Evidence for Gasoline," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 12/163, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Meyler, Aidan, 2009. "The pass through of oil prices into euro area consumer liquid fuel prices in an environment of high and volatile oil prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 867-881, November.
- Kpodar, Kangni & Abdallah, Chadi, 2017.
"Dynamic fuel price pass-through: Evidence from a new global retail fuel price database,"
Elsevier, pages 303-312.
- Kangni R Kpodar & Chadi Abdallah, 2016. "Dynamic Fuel Price Pass-Through; Evidence from a New Global Retail Fuel Price Database," IMF Working Papers 16/254, International Monetary Fund.
- Timilsina, Govinda R. & Dulal, Hari B., 2008. "Fiscal policy instruments for reducing congestion and atmospheric emissions in the transport sector : a review," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4652, The World Bank.
- De Borger, Bruno & Proost, Stef, 2012.
"Transport policy competition between governments: A selective survey of the literature,"
Economics of Transportation,
Elsevier, pages 35-48.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & PROOST, Stef, 2012. "Transport policy competition between governments: A selective survey of the literature," Working Papers 2012014, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Xin Liu & Paul Madden, 2007. "Bigger Countries with Probably Lower Commodity Taxes," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0711, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Santos, Georgina, 2017. "Road fuel taxes in Europe: Do they internalize road transport externalities?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, pages 120-134.
- Richard Nahuis & Paul Tang, 2005. "Environmental policy competition and differential tax treatment; a case for tighter coordination?," CPB Discussion Paper 50, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Vladimir Kossov & Elena Kossova, 2013. "International dispersion of retail diesel fuel prices and the estimation of normal price values," HSE Working papers WP BRP 27/EC/2013, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Arzaghi, Mohammad & Squalli, Jay, 2015. "How price inelastic is demand for gasoline in fuel-subsidizing economies?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 117-124.
- Ryan, Lisa & Ferreira, Susana & Convery, Frank, 2009. "The impact of fiscal and other measures on new passenger car sales and CO2 emissions intensity: Evidence from Europe," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 365-374, May.
- Christopher Decker & Mark Wohar, 2007. "Determinants of state diesel fuel excise tax rates: the political economy of fuel taxation in the United States," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, pages 171-188.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:63:y:2017:i:c:p:314-321 is not listed on IDEAS
- Darko Jus & Jana Lippelt, 2011. "Kurz zum Klima: Staatliche Beeinflussung von Kraftstoffpreisen," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 64(15), pages 48-52, August.
- Paizs, László, 2009.
"Gázolaj-jövedékiadó verseny az Európai Unióban
[Fiscal competition on the market for diesel fuel in the European Union]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(3), pages 216-238.
- Burke, Paul J. & Nishitateno, Shuhei, 2013.
"Gasoline prices, gasoline consumption, and new-vehicle fuel economy: Evidence for a large sample of countries,"
Elsevier, pages 363-370.
- Paul J. Burke & Shuhei Nishitateno, 2011. "Gasoline prices, gasoline consumption, and new-vehicle fuel economy: Evidence for a large sample of countries," Departmental Working Papers 2011-15, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:27:y:2005:i:1:p:79-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.