Applying the method of simulated moments to estimate a small agent-based asset pricing model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carl Chiarella & Roberto Dieci & Xue-Zhong He, 2008. "Heterogeneity, Market Mechanisms, and Asset Price Dynamics," Research Paper Series 231, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Manzan, Sebastiano & Westerhoff, Frank H., 2007.
"Heterogeneous expectations, exchange rate dynamics and predictability,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, pages 111-128.
- Manzan, S. & Westerhoff, F., 2002. "Heterogeneous Expectations, Exchange Rate Dynamics and Predictability," CeNDEF Working Papers 02-14, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Lee, Bong-Soo & Ingram, Beth Fisher, 1991. "Simulation estimation of time-series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2-3), pages 197-205, February.
- G. Fagiolo & C. Birchenhall & P. Windrum, 2007. "Empirical Validation in Agent-based Models: Introduction to the Special Issue," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 30(3), pages 189-194, October.
- Duffie, Darrell & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1993.
"Simulated Moments Estimation of Markov Models of Asset Prices,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 929-952, July.
- Darrell Duffie & Kenneth J. Singleton, 1990. "Simulated Moments Estimation of Markov Models of Asset Prices," NBER Technical Working Papers 0087, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jean Boivin & Marc P. Giannoni, 2006. "Has Monetary Policy Become More Effective?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(3), pages 445-462, August.
- Kocherlakota, Narayana R., 1990. "On tests of representative consumer asset pricing models," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 285-304, October.
- Cars Hommes & Florian Wagener, 2008. "Complex Evolutionary Systems in Behavioral Finance," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-054/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Peter Winker & Manfred Gilli & Vahidin Jeleskovic, 2007.
"An objective function for simulation based inference on exchange rate data,"
Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination,
Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, pages 125-145.
- Manfred Gilli & Peter Winker & Vahidin Jeleskovic, 2006. "An Objective Function for Simulation Based Inference on Exchange Rate Data," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 147, Society for Computational Economics.
- Peter Winker & Manfred Gilli & Vahidin Jeleskovic, 2007. "An Objective Function for Simulation Based Inference on Exchange Rate Data," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 07-01, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Cars Hommes & Florian Wagener, 2008.
"Complex Evolutionary Systems in Behavioral Finance,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
08-054/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Hommes, C.H. & Wagener, F.O.O., 2008. "Complex evolutionary systems in behavioral finance," CeNDEF Working Papers 08-05, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Carrasco, Marine & Florens, Jean-Pierre, 2002. "Simulation-Based Method of Moments and Efficiency," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(4), pages 482-492, October.
- Manzan, Sebastiano & Westerhoff, Frank, 2005.
"Representativeness of news and exchange rate dynamics,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 677-689, April.
- Manzan, S. & Westerhoff, F., 2002. "Representativeness of News and Exchange Rate Dynamics," CeNDEF Working Papers 02-13, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Reiner Franke & Simone Alfarano, 2007. "A Simple Asymmetric Herding Model to Distinguish Between Stock and Foreign Exchange Markets," Working Papers wp07-01, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Ching-Sheng Mao, 1990. "Hypothesis testing and finite sample properties of generalized method of moments estimators: a Monte Carlo study," Working Paper 90-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
More about this item
KeywordsSimulation-based estimation Daily returns Autocorrelation patterns Fundamentalists and speculators;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:empfin:v:16:y:2009:i:5:p:804-815. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jempfin .