The case against active pension funds: Evidence from the Turkish Private Pension System
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michel Aglietta & Marie Brière & Sandra Rigot & Ombretta Signori, 2012. "Rehabilitating the Role of Active Management for Pension Funds," Post-Print hal-01493326, HAL.
- Bali, Turan G. & Brown, Stephen J. & Caglayan, Mustafa Onur, 2011. "Do hedge funds' exposures to risk factors predict their future returns?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 36-68, July.
- Jerry Parwada & Robert Faff, 2005. "Pension Plan Investment Management Mandates: An Empirical Analysis of Manager Selection," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 27(1), pages 77-98, February.
- Huij, Joop & Verbeek, Marno, 2007. "Cross-sectional learning and short-run persistence in mutual fund performance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 973-997, March.
- Lakonishok, Joseph & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1992. "The Structure and Performance of the Money Management Industry," Scholarly Articles 10498059, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Chan, K C & Chen, Nai-Fu, 1988. " An Unconditional Asset-Pricing Test and the Role of Firm Size as an Instrumental Variable for Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(2), pages 309-325, June.
- Luis Ferruz & Luis Vicente & Laura Andreu, 2009. "Performance persistence and its influence on money and investor flows into Spanish pension plans," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 85-100, January.
- Katja Funke & Georg Stadtmann, 2004. "Operations of a Pension Fund after the Asian Crisis: The Thai Experience ," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 18(4), pages 439-470, December.
- Coggin, T Daniel & Fabozzi, Frank J & Rahman, Shafiqur, 1993. " The Investment Performance of U.S. Equity Pension Fund Managers: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(3), pages 1039-1055, July.
- Claudio Raddatz & Sergio Schmukler, 2013.
"Deconstructing Herding: Evidence from Pension Fund Investment Behavior,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 43(1), pages 99-126, February.
- Raddatz, Claudio & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2011. "Deconstructing herding : evidence from pension fund investment behavior," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5700, The World Bank.
- Jeffrey A. Busse & Amit Goyal & Sunil Wahal, 2010. "Performance and Persistence in Institutional Investment Management," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 65(2), pages 765-790, April.
- Jackowicz, Krzysztof & Kowalewski, Oskar, 2012. "Crisis, internal governance mechanisms and pension fund performance: Evidence from Poland," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 493-515.
- John M. Griffin & Patrick J. Kelly & Federico Nardari, 2010. "Do Market Efficiency Measures Yield Correct Inferences? A Comparison of Developed and Emerging Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(8), pages 3225-3277, August.
- Aglietta, Michel & Brière, Marie & Rigot, Sandra & Signori, Ombretta, 2012.
"Rehabilitating the role of active management for pension funds,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 2565-2574.
- Michel Aglietta & Marie Briere & Sandra Rigot & Ombretta Signori, 2012. "Rehabilitating the Role of Active Management for Pension Funds," Working Papers CEB 12-018, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Angelidis, Timotheos & Tessaromatis, Nikolaos, 2010. "The efficiency of Greek public pension fund portfolios," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 2158-2167, September.
- K. J. Martijn Cremers & Antti Petajisto, 2009. "How Active Is Your Fund Manager? A New Measure That Predicts Performance," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(9), pages 3329-3365, September.
- Blake, David & Lehmann, Bruce N & Timmermann, Allan, 1999. "Asset Allocation Dynamics and Pension Fund Performance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72(4), pages 429-461, October.
- Ian Tonks, 2005.
"Performance Persistence of Pension-Fund Managers,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(5), pages 1917-1942, September.
- Tonks, Ian, 2002. "Performance persistence of pension fund managers," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24942, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Tonks, Ian, 2002. "Performance Persistence of Pension Fund Managers," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 175, Royal Economic Society.
- Ferson, Wayne & Khang, Kenneth, 2002. "Conditional performance measurement using portfolio weights: evidence for pension funds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 249-282, August.
- Zbigniew Kominek, 2012. "Regulatory induced herding? Evidence from Polish pension funds," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 97-119, February.
- Fama, Eugene F & MacBeth, James D, 1973. "Risk, Return, and Equilibrium: Empirical Tests," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 607-636, May-June.
- Martijn Cremers & Antti Petajisto, 2006. "How Active is Your Fund Manager? A New Measure That Predicts Performance," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2370, Yale School of Management, revised 01 May 2009.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1996. " Multifactor Explanations of Asset Pricing Anomalies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 55-84, March.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R., 2002. "Research in emerging markets finance: looking to the future," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 429-448, December.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10219 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wayne Ferson & Kenneth Khang, 2002. "Conditional Performance Measurement Using Portfolio Weights: Evidence for Pension Funds," NBER Working Papers 8790, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsPension funds; Active management; Herding; Pension reform; Defined contribution;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ememar:v:23:y:2015:i:c:p:46-67. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620356 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.