Rank-based selection strategies for the random walk process
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rothschild, Michael, 1974. "Searching for the Lowest Price When the Distribution of Prices Is Unknown," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 689-711, July/Aug..
- Ashley, Richard A. & Patterson, Douglas M., 1986. "A Nonparametric, Distribution-Free Test for Serial Independence in Stock Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(02), pages 221-227, June.
- Liu, Christina Y & He, Jia, 1991. " A Variance-Ratio Test of Random Walks in Foreign Exchange Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 773-785, June.
- Cerchi, Marlene & Havenner, Arthur, 1988. "Cointegration and stock prices : The random walk on wall street revisited," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 333-346.
- Hlynka, M. & Sheahan, J. N., 1988. "The secretary problem for a random walk," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 317-325, June.
- William M. Boyce, 1970. "Stopping Rules for Selling Bonds," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 1(1), pages 27-53, Spring.
- Whipple, David, 1973. "A Generalized Theory of Job Search," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(5), pages 1170-1188, Sept.-Oct.
- Lippman, Steven A & McCall, John J, 1976. "The Economics of Job Search: A Survey," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(3), pages 347-368, September.
- Telser, L G, 1973. "Searching for the Lowest Price," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 40-49, May.
- Michael Rothschild, 1974. "Searching for the Lowest Price When the Distribution of Prices Is Unknown: A Summary," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 3, number 1, pages 293-294 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Howard M. Taylor, 1967. "Evaluating a Call Option and Optimal Timing Strategy in the Stock Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(1), pages 111-120, September.
- Donald B. Rosenfield & Roy D. Shapiro & David A. Butler, 1983. "Optimal Strategies for Selling an Asset," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(9), pages 1051-1061, September.
- Taylor, Stephen J., 1982. "Tests of the Random Walk Hypothesis Against a Price-Trend Hypothesis," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 37-61, March.
- Lippman, Steven A & McCall, John J, 1976. "The Economics of Job Search: A Survey: Part I," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(2), pages 155-189, June.
- Chun, Young H. & Moskowitz, Herbert & Plante, Robert D., 1994. "Dynamic programming formulation of the group interview problem with a general utility function," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 81-92, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:96:y:1997:i:2:p:417-427. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.