Cost efficiency in the US steel industry: A nonparametric analysis using data envelopment analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Morrison, Catherine, 1988. "Subequilibrium in the North American Steel Industries: A Study of Short Run Biases from Regulation and Utilisation Fluctuations," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(391), pages 390-411, June.
- Jorgenson, Dale W, 1988. "Productivity and Postwar U.S. Economic Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(4), pages 23-41, Fall.
- Levy, Robert A & Jondrow, James M, 1986. "The Adjustment of Employment to Technical Change in the Steel and Auto Industries," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(3), pages 475-491, July.
- Banker, Rajiv D & Maindiratta, Ajay, 1988. "Nonparametric Analysis of Technical and Allocative Efficiencies in Production," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(6), pages 1315-1332, November.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Varian, Hal R, 1984. "The Nonparametric Approach to Production Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 579-597, May.
- Tulkens, H. & Vanden Eeckaut, Ph., 1991. "Non-frontier measures of efficiency, progress and regress," CORE Discussion Papers 1991055, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jung Woo Kim & Jeong Yeon Lee & Jae Yong Kim & Hoe Kyung Lee, 2005. "Technical Efficiency in the Iron and Steel Industry: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Economics Study Area Working Papers 75, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Tone, Kaoru & Sahoo, Biresh K., 2005. "Evaluating cost efficiency and returns to scale in the Life Insurance Corporation of India using data envelopment analysis," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 261-285, December.
- Sahoo, Biresh K. & Mehdiloozad, Mahmood & Tone, Kaoru, 2014. "Cost, revenue and profit efficiency measurement in DEA: A directional distance function approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(3), pages 921-931.
- Jerry Blomberg & Bo Jonsson, 2011. "Evaluating the efficiency of the global primary aluminum smelting industry: a data envelopment approach," Mineral Economics, Springer;Raw Materials Group (RMG);Luleå University of Technology, vol. 24(1), pages 29-44, July.
- Dervaux, Benoît & Kerstens, Kristiaan & Vanden Eeckaut, Philippe, 1998.
"Radial and nonradial static efficiency decompositions: a focus on congestion measurement,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 299-312, June.
- DERVAUX, Benoît & KERSTENS, Kristiaan & VANDEN EECKAUT, Philippe, 1998. "Radial and nonradial static efficiency decompositions: a focus on congestion measurement," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1323, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kim, Jung Woo & Lee, Jeong Yeon & Kim, Jae Yong & Lee, Hoe Kyung, 2006. "Sources of productive efficiency: International comparison of iron and steel firms," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 239-246, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:80:y:1995:i:3:p:654-671. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.