Profitability in the car industry: New measures for estimating targets and target directions
In this paper we study the profitability of car manufacturers in relation to industry-wide profitability targets such as industry averages. Specifically we are interested in whether firms adjust their profitability in the direction of these targets, whether it is possible to detect any such change, and, if so, what the precise nature is of these changes.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eugene F. Fama & Kenneth R. French, .
"Forecasting Profitability and Earnings,"
CRSP working papers
358, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Patricia Tecles & Benjamin M. Tabak, 2010.
"Determinants of Bank Efficiency: the case of Brazil,"
Working Papers Series
210, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Tecles, Patricia Langsch & Tabak, Benjamin M., 2010. "Determinants of bank efficiency: The case of Brazil," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(3), pages 1587-1598, December.
- Wu, Cheng-Ru & Lin, Chin-Tsai & Tsai, Pei-Hsuan, 2010. "Evaluating business performance of wealth management banks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(2), pages 971-979, December.
- Saranga, Haritha, 2009. "The Indian auto component industry - Estimation of operational efficiency and its determinants using DEA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 196(2), pages 707-718, July.
- So, Meko M.C. & Thomas, Lyn C., 2011. "Modelling the profitability of credit cards by Markov decision processes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(1), pages 123-130, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:225:y:2013:i:3:p:420-428. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.