Validating vehicle routing zone construction using Monte Carlo simulation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hall, Randolph W., 1996. "Pickup and delivery systems for overnight carriers," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 173-187, May.
- Toth, Paolo & Vigo, Daniele, 1999. "A heuristic algorithm for the symmetric and asymmetric vehicle routing problems with backhauls," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 113(3), pages 528-543, March.
- Chiou, Yu-Chiun & Lan, Lawrence W., 2001. "Genetic clustering algorithms," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 135(2), pages 413-427, December.
- Hemmelmayr, Vera C. & Doerner, Karl F. & Hartl, Richard F., 2009. "A variable neighborhood search heuristic for periodic routing problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 195(3), pages 791-802, June.
- Bard, Jonathan F. & Jarrah, Ahmad I., 2009. "Large-scale constrained clustering for rationalizing pickup and delivery operations," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 542-561, June.
- Ropke, Stefan & Pisinger, David, 2006. "A unified heuristic for a large class of Vehicle Routing Problems with Backhauls," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 171(3), pages 750-775, June.
- Newell, Gordon F. & Daganzo, Carlos F., 1986. "Design of multiple-vehicle delivery tours--I a ring-radial network," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 345-363, October.
- Mourgaya, M. & Vanderbeck, F., 2007. "Column generation based heuristic for tactical planning in multi-period vehicle routing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 183(3), pages 1028-1041, December.
- Taylor, G. Don & Whicker, Gary L. & Usher, John S., 2001. "Multi-zone dispatching in truckload trucking," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 375-390, November.
- Ouyang, Yanfeng, 2007. "Design of vehicle routing zones for large-scale distribution systems," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 41(10), pages 1079-1093, December.
- Andreas Drexl & Knut Haase, 1999. "Fast Approximation Methods for Sales Force Deployment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(10), pages 1307-1323, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bard, Jonathan F. & Jarrah, Ahmad I., 2013. "Integrating commercial and residential pickup and delivery networks: A case study," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 706-720.
More about this item
KeywordsVehicle routing zones Monte Carlo simulation Traveling salesman problem Clustering analysis Pickup and delivery operations;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:206:y:2010:i:1:p:73-85. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.