Mathematical structure of a bilevel strategic pricing model
This paper is concerned with the characterization of optimal strategies for a service firm acting in an oligopolistic environment. The decision problem is formulated as a leader-follower game played on a transportation network, where the leader firm selects a revenue-maximizing price schedule that takes explicitly into account the rational behavior of the customers. In the context of our analysis, the follower's problem is associated with a competitive network market involving non atomic customer groups. The resulting bilevel model can therefore be viewed as a model of product differentiation subject to structural network constraints.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean J. & THISSE, Jacques-François, .
"On the nature of competition with differentiated products,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-685, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gabszewicz, Jean Jaskold & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1986. "On the Nature of Competition with Differentiated Products," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(381), pages 160-72, March.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521283946 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leurent, Fabien, 1993. "Cost versus time equilibrium over a network," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 205-221, December.
- Philips, Louis & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1982.
"Spatial Competition and the Theory of Differentiated Markets: An Introduction,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(1-2), pages 1-9, September.
- PHLIPS, Louis & THISSE, Jacques-François, . "Spatial competition and the theory of differentiated markets: an introduction," CORE Discussion Papers RP -493, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jaskold Gabszewicz, J. & Thisse, J. -F., 1979.
"Price competition, quality and income disparities,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 340-359, June.
- Martine Labbé & Patrice Marcotte & Gilles Savard, 1998. "A Bilevel Model of Taxation and Its Application to Optimal Highway Pricing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(12-Part-1), pages 1608-1622, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:193:y:2009:i:2:p:552-566. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.