The optimal pace of product updates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mallik, Suman & Chhajed, Dilip, 2006. "Optimal temporal product introduction strategies under valuation changes and learning," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 172(2), pages 430-452, July.
- John A. Norton & Frank M. Bass, 1987. "A Diffusion Theory Model of Adoption and Substitution for Successive Generations of High-Technology Products," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(9), pages 1069-1086, September.
- Leslie Olin Morgan & Ruskin M. Morgan & William L. Moore, 2001. "Quality and Time-to-Market Trade-offs when There Are Multiple Product Generations," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 3(2), pages 89-104, June.
- Brian Downs & Richard Metters & John Semple, 2001. "Managing Inventory with Multiple Products, Lags in Delivery, Resource Constraints, and Lost Sales: A Mathematical Programming Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(3), pages 464-479, March.
- Lynn O. Wilson & John A. Norton, 1989. "Optimal Entry Timing for a Product Line Extension," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(1), pages 1-17.
- Anirudh Dhebar, 1994. "Durable-Goods Monopolists, Rational Consumers, and Improving Products," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(1), pages 100-120.
- Morris A. Cohen & Jehoshua Eliasberg & Teck-Hua Ho, 1996. "New Product Development: The Performance and Time-to-Market Tradeoff," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(2), pages 173-186, February.
- K. Sridhar Moorthy & I. P. L. Png, 1992. "Market Segmentation, Cannibalization, and the Timing of Product Introductions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(3), pages 345-359, March.
- Trichy V. Krishnan & Frank M. Bass & Dipak C. Jain, 1999. "Optimal Pricing Strategy for New Products," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(12), pages 1650-1663, December.
- Kamien, Morton I & Schwartz, Nancy L, 1972. "Timing of Innovations Under Rivalry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(1), pages 43-60, January.
- Bhattacharya, Shantanu & Krishnan, V. & Mahajan, Vijay, 2003. "Operationalizing technology improvements in product development decision-making," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 149(1), pages 102-130, August.
- R. Mark Krankel & Izak Duenyas & Roman Kapuscinski, 2006. "Timing Successive Product Introductions with Demand Diffusion and Stochastic Technology Improvement," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 8(2), pages 119-135, June.
- Gilvan C. Souza & Barry L. Bayus & Harvey M. Wagner, 2004. "New-Product Strategy and Industry Clockspeed," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(4), pages 537-549, April.
- Kevin B. Hendricks & Vinod R. Singhal, 1997. "Delays in New Product Introductions and the Market Value of the Firm: The Consequences of Being Late to the Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(4), pages 422-436, April.
- Haim Mendelson & Ravindran R. Pillai, 1999. "Industry Clockspeed: Measurement and Operational Implications," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 1(1), pages 1-20.
- Williams, J.R., 1992. "How Sustainable is your Competitive Advantage?," GSIA Working Papers 1992-03, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Souza, Gilvan C., 2004. "Product introduction decisions in a duopoly," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 152(3), pages 745-757, February.
- Graves, Samuel B., 1989. "The time-cost tradeoff in research and development: A review," Engineering Costs and Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-9, February.
- Ted Klastorin & Weiyu Tsai, 2004. "New Product Introduction: Timing, Design, and Pricing," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 6(4), pages 302-320, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Yuwen & Carrillo, Janice E., 2011. "Single firm product diffusion model for single-function and fusion products," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(2), pages 232-245, October.
- repec:cuf:journl:y:2017:v:18:i:1:duan:shi:sun is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:33:y:2016:i:4:p:780-796 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liberali, Guilherme & Gruca, Thomas S. & Nique, Walter M., 2011. "The effects of sensitization and habituation in durable goods markets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(2), pages 398-410, July.
- Ozer, Muammer, 2011. "Understanding the impacts of product knowledge and product type on the accuracy of intentions-based new product predictions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 211(2), pages 359-369, June.
- Liao, Shuangqing & Seifert, Ralf W., 2015. "On the optimal frequency of multiple generation product introductions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 245(3), pages 805-814.
- Gyesik Oh & Yoo S. Hong, 0. "The impact of platform update interval on platform diffusion in a cooperative mobile ecosystem," Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-10.
- Yan, Hong-Sen & Ma, Kai-Ping, 2011. "Competitive diffusion process of repurchased products in knowledgeable manufacturing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 208(3), pages 243-252, February.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:265:y:2018:i:3:p:1102-1114 is not listed on IDEAS
- Goksel Yalcinkaya & Tevfik Aktekin & Sengun Yeniyurt & Setiadi Umar, 2017. "How often should a firm modify its products? A Bayesian analysis of automobile modification cycles," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 85-97, March.
- Avagyan, Vardan & Esteban-Bravo, Mercedes & Vidal-Sanz, Jose M., 2016.
"Riding successive product diffusion waves. Building a tsunami via upgrade-rebate programs,"
International Journal of Research in Marketing,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 780-796.
- Avagyan, Vardan & Esteban-Bravo, Mercedes & Vidal-Sanz, Jose M., 2011. "Riding successive product diffusion waves : building a tsunami via upgrade-rebate programs," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb114011, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Samuel Sale, R. & Mesak, Hani I. & Inman, R. Anthony, 2017. "A dynamic marketing-operations interface model of new product updates," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 257(1), pages 233-242.
- repec:spr:joinma:v:29:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s10845-015-1138-1 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsOR in research and development New product introduction Diffusion Time-pacing Clockspeed;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:192:y:2009:i:2:p:621-633. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.