U-shaped assembly line layouts and their impact on labor productivity: An experimental study
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas R. Hoffmann, 1992. "Eureka: A Hybrid System for Assembly Line Balancing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(1), pages 39-47, January.
- Roger V. Johnson, 1983. "A Branch and Bound Algorithm for Assembly Line Balancing Problems with Formulation Irregularities," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(11), pages 1309-1324, November.
- Erel, Erdal & Gokcen, Hadi, 1999. "Shortest-route formulation of mixed-model assembly line balancing problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 194-204, July.
- Scholl, Armin & Klein, Robert, 1999. "Balancing assembly lines effectively - A computational comparison," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 50-58, April.
- Sarin, Subhash C. & Erel, Erdal & Dar-El, Ezey M., 1999. "A methodology for solving single-model, stochastic assembly line balancing problem," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 525-535, October.
- F. Brian Talbot & James H. Patterson, 1984. "An Integer Programming Algorithm with Network Cuts for Solving the Assembly Line Balancing Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(1), pages 85-99, January.
- Anthony A. Mastor, 1970. "An Experimental Investigation and Comparative Evaluation of Production Line Balancing Techniques," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(11), pages 728-746, July.
- Miltenburg, John, 2001. "U-shaped production lines: A review of theory and practice," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 201-214, April.
- Miltenburg, John, 1998. "Balancing U-lines in a multiple U-line facility," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 1-23, August.
- F. Brian Talbot & James H. Patterson & William V. Gehrlein, 1986. "A Comparative Evaluation of Heuristic Line Balancing Techniques," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(4), pages 430-454, April.
- Timothy L. Urban, 1998. "Note. Optimal Balancing of U-Shaped Assembly Lines," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(5), pages 738-741, May.
- Roger V. Johnson, 1988. "Optimally Balancing Large Assembly Lines with "Fable"," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(2), pages 240-253, February.
- G. J. Miltenburg & J. Wijngaard, 1994. "The U-line Line Balancing Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(10), pages 1378-1388, October.
- Scholl, Armin & Klein, Robert, 1997. "SALOME. a bidirectional branch and bound procedure for assembly line balancing," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 7890, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:156:y:2004:i:3:p:698-711. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.