Using commonality as backup safety stock
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Leroy B. Schwarz, 1989. "A Model for Assessing the Value of Warehouse Risk-Pooling: Risk-Pooling Over Outside-Supplier Leadtimes," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(7), pages 828-842, July.
- Gary D. Eppen, 1979. "Note--Effects of Centralization on Expected Costs in a Multi-Location Newsboy Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(5), pages 498-501, May.
- Awi Federgruen & Paul Zipkin, 1984. "Approximations of Dynamic, Multilocation Production and Inventory Problems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(1), pages 69-84, January.
- Jonsson, Henrik & Jornsten, Kurt & Silver, Edward A., 1993. "Application of the scenario aggregation approach to a two-stage, stochastic, common component, inventory problem with a budget constraint," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 196-211, July.
- Jonsson, Henrik & Silver, Edward A., 1989. "Common component inventory problems with a budget constraint: Heuristics and upper bounds," Engineering Costs and Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 71-81, October.
- Kenneth R. Baker & Michael J. Magazine & Henry L. W. Nuttle, 1986. "The Effect of Commonality on Safety Stock in a Simple Inventory Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(8), pages 982-988, August.
- David A. Collier, 1982. "Aggregate Safety Stock Levels and Component Part Commonality," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(11), pages 1296-1303, November.
- Hau L. Lee & Christopher S. Tang, 1997. "Modelling the Costs and Benefits of Delayed Product Differentiation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(1), pages 40-53, January.
- Yigal Gerchak & Michael J. Magazine & A. Bruce Gamble, 1988. "Component Commonality with Service Level Requirements," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(6), pages 753-760, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nils Boysen & Armin Scholl, 2008. "A general solution framework for component commonality problems," Jena Research Papers in Business and Economics - Working and Discussion Papers (Expired!) 12/2008, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, School of Economics and Business Administration.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:57:y:2006:i:4:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2602010 is not listed on IDEAS
- Israelsen, Poul & Jørgensen, Brian, 2011. "Decentralizing decision making in modularization strategies: Overcoming barriers from dysfunctional accounting systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(2), pages 453-462, June.
- Wenyuan Wang & Daniel Y. Mo & Yue Wang & Mitchell M. Tseng, 0. "Assessing the cost structure of component reuse in a product family for remanufacturing," Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-13.
- Betts, John M. & Johnston, Robert B., 2005. "Just-in-time component replenishment decisions for assemble-to-order manufacturing under capital constraint and stochastic demand," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 51-70, January.
- Jans, Raf & Degraeve, Zeger & Schepens, Luc, 2008. "Analysis of an industrial component commonality problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 186(2), pages 801-811, April.
- Deflem, Yannick & Van Nieuwenhuyse, Inneke, 2013. "Managing inventories with one-way substitution: A newsvendor analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 228(3), pages 484-493.
- Eva Labro, 2004. "The Cost Effects of Component Commonality: A Literature Review Through a Management-Accounting Lens," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 6(4), pages 358-367, June.
- Persona, Alessandro & Battini, Daria & Manzini, Riccardo & Pareschi, Arrigo, 2007. "Optimal safety stock levels of subassemblies and manufacturing components," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(1-2), pages 147-159, October.
- Tibben-Lembke, Ronald S. & Bassok, Yehuda, 2005. "An inventory model for delayed customization: A hybrid approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 165(3), pages 748-764, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:136:y:2002:i:2:p:353-365. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.