The Value of Component Commonality in a Dynamic Inventory System with Lead Times
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thonemann, Ulrich W. & Bradley, James R., 2002. "The effect of product variety on supply-chain performance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 143(3), pages 548-569, December.
- V. Krishnan & Saurabh Gupta, 2001. "Appropriateness and Impact of Platform-Based Product Development," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(1), pages 52-68, January.
- Jing-Sheng Song, 2002. "Order-Based Backorders and Their Implications in Multi-Item Inventory Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(4), pages 499-516, April.
- David A. Collier, 1982. "Aggregate Safety Stock Levels and Component Part Commonality," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(11), pages 1296-1303, November.
- Marshall Fisher & Kamalini Ramdas & Karl Ulrich, 1999. "Component Sharing in the Management of Product Variety: A Study of Automotive Braking Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(3), pages 297-315, March.
- V. Krishnan & Karl T. Ulrich, 2001. "Product Development Decisions: A Review of the Literature," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Yalçin Akçay & Susan H. Xu, 2004. "Joint Inventory Replenishment and Component Allocation Optimization in an Assemble-to-Order System," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(1), pages 99-116, January.
- Preyas Desai & Sunder Kekre & Suresh Radhakrishnan & Kannan Srinivasan, 2001. "Product Differentiation and Commonality in Design: Balancing Revenue and Cost Drivers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(1), pages 37-51, January.
- Jing-Sheng Song, 2000. "A Note on Assemble-to-Order Systems with Batch Ordering," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(5), pages 739-743, May.
- Hausman, Warren H. & Lee, Hau L. & Zhang, Alex X., 1998. "Joint demand fulfillment probability in a multi-item inventory system with independent order-up-to policies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 109(3), pages 646-659, September.
- Gary D. Eppen, 1979. "Note--Effects of Centralization on Expected Costs in a Multi-Location Newsboy Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(5), pages 498-501, May.
- Jayashankar M. Swaminathan & Sridhar R. Tayur, 1998. "Managing Broader Product Lines through Delayed Differentiation Using Vanilla Boxes," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(12-Part-2), pages 161-172, December.
- Ulrich, Karl, 1995. "The role of product architecture in the manufacturing firm," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 419-440, May.
- Saif Benjaafar & Mohsen ElHafsi, 2006. "Production and Inventory Control of a Single Product Assemble-to-Order System with Multiple Customer Classes," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(12), pages 1896-1912, December.
- Yigal Gerchak & Michael J. Magazine & A. Bruce Gamble, 1988. "Component Commonality with Service Level Requirements," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(6), pages 753-760, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- van Jaarsveld, Willem & Dollevoet, Twan & Dekker, Rommert, 2015. "Improving spare parts inventory control at a repair shop," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 57(PB), pages 217-229.
- Wenyuan Wang & Daniel Y. Mo & Yue Wang & Mitchell M. Tseng, 0. "Assessing the cost structure of component reuse in a product family for remanufacturing," Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-13.
- Albrecht, Martin, 2014. "Determining near optimal base-stock levels in two-stage general inventory systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 232(2), pages 342-349.
- Hong, Yoo Suk & Huh, Woonghee Tim & Kang, Changmuk, 2017. "Sourcing assemble-to-order inventories under supplier risk uncertainty," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 66(PA), pages 1-14.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:265:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-017-2507-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:261:y:2017:i:3:p:866-879 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fernando Bernstein & Gregory A. DeCroix & Yulan Wang, 2011. "The Impact of Demand Aggregation Through Delayed Component Allocation in an Assemble-to-Order System," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(6), pages 1154-1171, June.
More about this item
Keywordscomponent commonality; dynamic model; lead times; allocation rules; assemble-to-order systems;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormsom:v:11:y:2009:i:3:p:493-508. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.