The impact of delivery lags on irreversible investment under uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Louis J. Maccini, 1973. "Delivery Lags and the Demand for Investment," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(2), pages 269-281.
- John P. Gould, 1969. "The Use of Endogenous Variables in Dynamic Models of Investment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 83(4), pages 580-599.
- Alvarez, Luis H. R., 1998. "Exit strategies and price uncertainty: a Greenian approach," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 43-56, January.
- Robert McDonald & Daniel Siegel, 1986. "The Value of Waiting to Invest," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(4), pages 707-727.
- Nerlove, Marc, 1972. "Lags in Economic Behavior," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(2), pages 221-251, March.
- Bar-Ilan, Avner & Strange, William C, 1996. "Investment Lags," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 610-622, June.
- Luis Alvarez, 1996. "Demand uncertainty and the value of supply opportunities," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 64(2), pages 163-175, June.
- R. Schramm, 1970. "The Influence of Relative Prices, Production Conditions and Adjustment Costs on Investment Behaviour," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 361-376.
- Stephen Nickell, 1977. "Uncertainty and Lags in the Investment Decisions of Firms," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(2), pages 249-263.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Madlener, Reinhard & Kumbaroglu, Gurkan & Ediger, Volkan S., 2005.
"Modeling technology adoption as an irreversible investment under uncertainty: the case of the Turkish electricity supply industry,"
Elsevier, pages 139-163.
- Reinhard Madlener & Gürkan Kumbaroglu & Volkan S. Ediger, 2004. "Modeling Technology Adoption as an Irreversible Investment Under Uncertainty: The Case of the Turkish Electricity Supply Industry," CEPE Working paper series 04-30, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Alvarez, Luis H. R. & Stenbacka, Rune, 2001. "Adoption of uncertain multi-stage technology projects: a real options approach," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 71-97, February.
- Berument, M. Hakan & Dincer, N. Nergiz & Mustafaoglu, Zafer, 2012.
"Effects of growth volatility on economic performance – Empirical evidence from Turkey,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 217(2), pages 351-356.
- M. Hakan Berument & N. Nergiz Dincer & Zafer Mustafaoglu, 2010. "Effects of Growth Volatility on Economic Performance: Empirical Evidence from Turkey," Working Papers 528, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 Jan 2010.
- Aleksandrov, Nikolay & Espinoza, Raphael & Gyurkó, Lajos, 2013.
"Optimal oil production and the world supply of oil,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, pages 1248-1263.
- Nikolay Aleksandrov & Raphael Espinoza & Lajos Gyurko, 2012. "Optimal Oil Production and the World Supply of Oil," OxCarre Working Papers 092, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Nikolay Aleksandrov & lajos Gyurko & Raphael A Espinoza, 2012. "Optimal Oil Production and the World Supply of Oil," IMF Working Papers 12/294, International Monetary Fund.
- Dai, Min & Keppo, Jussi & Maull, Tim, 2015. "Hiring, firing, and relocation under employment protection," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 55-81.
- Thijssen, Jacco J.J., 2011. "Incomplete markets, ambiguity, and irreversible investment," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 909-921, June.
- Sarkar, Sudipto & Zhang, Chuanqian, 2015. "Investment policy with time-to-build," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 142-156.
- Bruder, Benjamin & Pham, Huyên, 2009. "Impulse control problem on finite horizon with execution delay," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 119(5), pages 1436-1469, May.
- Abadie, Luis M. & Chamorro, José M., 2009. "Monte Carlo valuation of natural gas investments," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 10-22, January.
- Bayraktar, Erhan & Egami, Masahiko, 2007.
"The effects of implementation delay on decision-making under uncertainty,"
Stochastic Processes and their Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 333-358, March.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Masahiko Egami, 2007. "The Effects of Implementation Delay on Decision-Making Under Uncertainty," Papers math/0703833, arXiv.org.
- Luis H.R. Alvarez & Jukka Lempa & Elias Oikarinen, 2009. "Do Standard Real Option Models Overestimate the Required Rate of Return of Real Estate Investment Opportunities?," Discussion Papers 52, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Masahiko Egami, 2010.
"A unified treatment of dividend payment problems under fixed cost and implementation delays,"
Mathematical Methods of Operations Research,
Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 71(2), pages 325-351, April.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Masahiko Egami, 2007. "A Unified Treatment of Dividend Payment Problems under Fixed Cost and Implementation Delays," Papers math/0703825, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2009.
- Jacco J.J. Thijssen, 2013. "The Long and Winding Road: Valuing Investment under Construction Uncertainty," Discussion Papers 13/20, Department of Economics, University of York.
- repec:spr:compst:v:71:y:2010:i:2:p:325-351 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Ki Hong & Hwang, Seong Tae & Oh, Hyung Sik & Lee, Deok Joo, 2008. "The impact of investment lags on investment decision," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 190(3), pages 696-707, November.
- Sarkar, Sudipto & Zhang, Chuanqian, 2013. "Implementation lag and the investment decision," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 136-140.
- Jussi Keppo & Lones Smith & Dmitry Davydov, 2006. "Optimal Electoral Timing: Exercise Wisely and You May Live Longer," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1565, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Jacco Thijssen, 2010. "Irreversible investment and discounting: an arbitrage pricing approach," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 295-315, July.
- Thijssen, Jacco J.J., 2008. "Optimal and strategic timing of mergers and acquisitions motivated by synergies and risk diversification," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1701-1720, May.
- Kumbaroglu, Gürkan & Madlener, Reinhard & Demirel, Mustafa, 2008.
"A real options evaluation model for the diffusion prospects of new renewable power generation technologies,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1882-1908, July.
- Gürkan Kumbaroglu & Reinhard Madlener & Mustafa Demirel, 2004. "A Real Options Evaluation Model for the Diffusion Prospects of New Renewable Power Generation Technologies," CEPE Working paper series 04-35, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- repec:spr:compst:v:75:y:2012:i:3:p:273-286 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thijssen, Jacco J.J., 2015. "A model for irreversible investment with construction and revenue uncertainty," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 250-266.
- MacDougall, Shelley L. & Pike, Richard H., 2003. "Consider your options: changes to strategic value during implementation of advanced manufacturing technology," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Jukka Lempa, 2012. "Optimal stopping with random exercise lag," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 75(3), pages 273-286, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:136:y:2002:i:1:p:173-180. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.