Health and wealth: The late-20th century obesity epidemic in the U.S
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mackenbach, J. P., 1992. "Socio-economic health differences in the Netherlands: A review of recent empirical findings," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 213-226, February.
- John Cawley, 2004. "The Impact of Obesity on Wages," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(2).
- Darius Lakdawalla & Tomas Philipson, 2002.
"The Growth of Obesity and Technological Change: A Theoretical and Empirical Examination,"
NBER Working Papers
8946, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Darius Lakdawalla & Tomas Philipson, 2002. "The Growth of Obesity and Technological Change: A Theoretical and Empirical Examination," Working Papers 0203, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Aparna Mitra, 2001. "Effects of physical attributes on the wages of males and females," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(11), pages 731-735.
- Zagorsky, Jay L, 1999. "Young Baby Boomers' Wealth," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 45(2), pages 135-56, June.
- Ossiander, Eric M. & Emanuel, Irvin & O'Brien, William & Malone, Kathleen, 2004. "Driver's licenses as a source of data on height and weight," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 219-227, June.
- Tomas Philipson, 2001. "The world-wide growth in obesity: an economic research agenda," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(1), pages 1-7.
- Susan Averett & Sanders Korenman, 1996.
"The Economic Reality of the Beauty Myth,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 31(2), pages 304-330.
- Christopher J. Ruhm, 1996.
"Are Recessions Good For Your Health?,"
NBER Working Papers
5570, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ehbiol:v:3:y:2005:i:2:p:296-313. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.