Testing time reversibility without moment restrictions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marc Hallin & Youssef Benghabrit, 1996. "Rank-based tests for autoregressive against bilinear serial dependence," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2057, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hinich , Melvin J. & Rothman, Philip, 1998. "Frequency-Domain Test Of Time Reversibility," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 72-88, March.
- P. M. Robinson, 1991. "Consistent Nonparametric Entropy-Based Testing," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(3), pages 437-453.
- Ramsey, James B & Rothman, Philip, 1996. "Time Irreversibility and Business Cycle Asymmetry," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1991.
"Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 817-858, May.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1988. "Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 877R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1989.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rothman, P, 1992. "The Comparative Power of the TR Test against Simple Threshold Models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(S), pages 187-195, Suppl. De.
- de Lima, Pedro J. F., 1997. "On the robustness of nonlinearity tests to moment condition failure," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 251-280.
- Lee, Tae-Hwy & White, Halbert & Granger, Clive W. J., 1993.
"Testing for neglected nonlinearity in time series models : A comparison of neural network methods and alternative tests,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 269-290, April.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "REGWHITENNTEST: RATS procedure to perform White neural network test on regression," Statistical Software Components RTS00183, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "REGRESET: RATS procedure to perform Ramsey RESET test on regression," Statistical Software Components RTS00181, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Xiaojun, Li & Morris, Joel M., 1991. "On measuring asymmetry and the reliability of the skewness measure," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 267-271, September.
- Marc Hallin & Claude Lefèvre & Madan Lal Puri, 1988. "On time-reversibility and the uniqueness of moving average representations for non-Gaussian stationary time series," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2017, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yi-Ting Chen & Chung-Ming Kuan, 2002. "Time irreversibility and EGARCH effects in US stock index returns," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(5), pages 565-578.
- Jorge Belaire-Franch & Dulce Contreras, 2004. "A power comparison among tests for time reversibility," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(23), pages 1-17.
- Steven Cook & Alan Speight, 2006. "International Business Cycle Asymmetry and Time Irreversible Nonlinearities," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(10), pages 1051-1065.
- Phillip Wild & John Foster, 2012. "On testing for non-linear and time irreversible probabilistic structure in high frequency ASX financial time series data," Discussion Papers Series 466, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- repec:wyi:journl:002099 is not listed on IDEAS
- Isao Ishida & Toshiaki Watanabe, 2009.
"Modeling and Forecasting the Volatility of the Nikkei 225 Realized Volatility Using the ARFIMA-GARCH Model,"
Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series
gd08-032, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Isao Ishida & Toshiaki Watanabe, 2009. "Modeling and Forecasting the Volatility of the Nikkei 225 Realized Volatility Using the ARFIMA-GARCH Model," CARF F-Series CARF-F-145, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Isao Ishida & Toshiaki Watanabe, 2009. "Modeling and Forecasting the Volatility of the Nikkei 225 Realized Volatility Using the ARFIMA-GARCH Model," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-608, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- McCausland, William J., 2007.
"Time reversibility of stationary regular finite-state Markov chains,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 303-318, January.
- McCAUSLAND, William, 2004. "Time Reversibility of Stationary Regular Finite State Markov Chains," Cahiers de recherche 2004-07, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- McCAUSLAND, William J., 2004. "Time Reversibility of Stationary Regular Finite State Markov Chains," Cahiers de recherche 09-2004, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Leucht, Anne, 2012. "Characteristic function-based hypothesis tests under weak dependence," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 67-89.
- Beare, Brendan K. & Seo, Juwon, 2014.
"Time Irreversible Copula-Based Markov Models,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(05), pages 923-960, October.
- Beare, Brendan K. & Seo, Juwon, 2012. "Time irreversible copula-based Markov Models," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt31f8500p, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Lena Mareen Koerber & Daisuke Nagakura & Ippei Fujiwara, 2011.
"How much Asymmetry is there in Bond Returns and Exchange Rates?,"
Bank of Japan Working Paper Series
11-E-10, Bank of Japan.
- Ippei Fujiwara & Lena Mareen Körber & Daisuke Nagakura, 2011. "How much asymmetry is there in bond returns and exchange rates?," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 93, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Yi-Ting Chen, 2008. "A unified approach to standardized-residuals-based correlation tests for GARCH-type models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(1), pages 111-133.
- Dilip Kumar & Srinivasan Maheswaran, 2014. "Are major global stock markets efficient? An application of the martingale difference hypothesis with wild bootstrap," American Journal of Finance and Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(2/3/4), pages 217-233.
- Fernandez, Viviana, 2009. "The behavior of stock returns in the mining industry following the Iraq war," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 274-292, September.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8355.
- Chen, Yi-Ting, 2012. "A simple approach to standardized-residuals-based higher-moment tests," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 427-453.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2004:i:23:p:1-17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fong, Wai Mun, 2003. "Time reversibility tests of volume-volatility dynamics for stock returns," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 39-45, October.
- Gilles Zumbach, 2007. "Time reversal invariance in finance," Papers 0708.4022, arXiv.org.
- Zacharias Psaradakis & Martin Sola, 2003. "On detrending and cyclical asymmetry," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 271-289.
- Belaire-Franch, Jorge & Contreras, Dulce, 2003. "Tests for time reversibility: a complementarity analysis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 187-195, November.
- Zacharias Psaradakis & Marián Vávra, 2015.
"A Quantile-based Test for Symmetry of Weakly Dependent Processes,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 587-598, July.
- Marian Vavra, 2013. "Testing for marginal asymmetry of weakly dependent processes," Working and Discussion Papers WP 1/2013, Research Department, National Bank of Slovakia.
- Zacharias Psaradakis, 2008. "Assessing Time-Reversibility Under Minimal Assumptions," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(5), pages 881-905, September.
- Park, Sung Y. & Bera, Anil K., 2009. "Maximum entropy autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 150(2), pages 219-230, June.
- Rothman Philip, 2016. "Introduction to Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics Issue in Honor of James B. Ramsey," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 20(4), pages 343-346, September.
- Sebastian Schweer & Christian H. Weiß, 2016. "Testing for Poisson arrivals in INAR(1) processes," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 25(3), pages 503-524, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:95:y:2000:i:1:p:199-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.