Endogenous environmental variables in stochastic frontier models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Amsler, Christine & Prokhorov, Artem & Schmidt, Peter, 2017. "Endogenous Environmental Variables In Stochastic Frontier Models," Working Papers 2017-02, University of Sydney Business School, Discipline of Business Analytics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Caudill, Steven B. & Ford, Jon M., 1993. "Biases in frontier estimation due to heteroscedasticity," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 17-20.
- Amsler, Christine & Prokhorov, Artem & Schmidt, Peter, 2016. "Endogeneity in stochastic frontier models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 190(2), pages 280-288.
- Reifschneider, David & Stevenson, Rodney, 1991. "Systematic Departures from the Frontier: A Framework for the Analysis of Firm Inefficiency," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(3), pages 715-723, August.
- Murray D. Smith, 2008. "Stochastic frontier models with dependent error components," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 11(1), pages 172-192, March.
- Tran, Kien C. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2013. "GMM estimation of stochastic frontier model with endogenous regressors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 233-236.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Kutlu, Levent, 2010. "Battese-coelli estimator with endogenous regressors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 79-81, November.
- Griffiths, William E. & Hajargasht, Gholamreza, 2016. "Some models for stochastic frontiers with endogeneity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 190(2), pages 341-348.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-16-00551 is not listed on IDEAS
- Caudill, Steven B & Ford, Jon M & Gropper, Daniel M, 1995. "Frontier Estimation and Firm-Specific Inefficiency Measures in the Presence of Heteroscedasticity," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(1), pages 105-111, January.
- Tran, Kien C. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2015. "Endogeneity in stochastic frontier models: Copula approach without external instruments," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 85-88.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Subal C. Kumbhakar & Christopher F. Parmeter & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2017.
"Stochastic Frontier Analysis: Foundations and Advances,"
2017-10, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Subal C. Kumbhakar & Christopher F. Parameter & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2018. "Stochastic Frontier Analysis: Foundations and Advances," CEPA Working Papers Series WP022018, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Amuakwa-Mensah, F. & Chube, B. & Surry, Y. & Bahta, S., 2018. "Production risk and technical (in)efficiency amongst smallholder livestock farmers in Botswana: An exploratory investigation," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277276, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:kap:jproda:v:49:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11123-018-0527-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:econom:v:211:y:2019:i:2:p:539-559 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:72:y:2018:i:c:p:166-176 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kutlu, Levent, 2018. "A distribution-free stochastic frontier model with endogenous regressors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 152-154.
- Kutlu, Levent & Liu, Shasha & Sickles, Robin C., 2018. "Cost, Revenue, and Profit Function Estimates," Working Papers 18-006, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00992 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEndogeneity; Stochastic frontier; Environmental variables;
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C26 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Instrumental Variables (IV) Estimation
- C36 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Instrumental Variables (IV) Estimation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:199:y:2017:i:2:p:131-140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.