Inference in regression models with many regressors
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Stanislav Anatolyev, 2009. "Inference in Regression Models with Many Regressors," Working Papers w0125, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
References listed on IDEAS
- Ledoit, Olivier & Wolf, Michael, 2004.
"A well-conditioned estimator for large-dimensional covariance matrices,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 365-411, February.
- Ledoit, Olivier & Wolf, Michael, 2000. "A well conditioned estimator for large dimensional covariance matrices," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS 10087, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Evans, G B A & Savin, N E, 1982. "Conflict among the Criteria Revisited: The W, LR and LM Tests," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 737-748, May.
- Koenker, Roger & Machado, Jose A. F., 1999. "GMM inference when the number of moment conditions is large," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 327-344, December.
- Silverstein, J. W., 1995. "Strong Convergence of the Empirical Distribution of Eigenvalues of Large Dimensional Random Matrices," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 331-339, November.
- Peter Sandholt Jensen & Allan H. Würtz, 2006. "On determining the importance of a regressor with small and undersized samples," Economics Working Papers 2006-08, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Burnside, Craig & Eichenbaum, Martin S, 1996. "Small-Sample Properties of GMM-Based Wald Tests," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(3), pages 294-308, July.
- Rothenberg, Thomas J., 1984. "Approximating the distributions of econometric estimators and test statistics," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 15, pages 881-935 Elsevier.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Savin, N Eugene, 1977. "Conflict among Criteria for Testing Hypotheses in the Multivariate Linear Regression Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(5), pages 1263-1277, July.
- Olivier Ledoit & Michael Wolf, 2001. "Some hypothesis tests for the covariance matrix when the dimension is large compared to the sample size," Economics Working Papers 575, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- John Galbraith & Victoria Zinde-Walsh, 2006. "Reduced-Dimension Control Regression," Departmental Working Papers 2006-17, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- de Jong, R.M. & Bierens, H.J., 1994. "On the Limit Behavior of a Chi-Square Type Test if the Number of Conditional Moments Tested Approaches Infinity," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(01), pages 70-90, March.
- Bekker, Paul A, 1994. "Alternative Approximations to the Distributions of Instrumental Variable Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 657-681, May.
- H. Kelejian, Harry & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2001.
"On the asymptotic distribution of the Moran I test statistic with applications,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 219-257, September.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 1999. "On the Asymptotic Distribution of the Moran I Test Statistic with Applications," Electronic Working Papers 99-002, University of Maryland, Department of Economics.
- Hong, Yongmiao & White, Halbert, 1995. "Consistent Specification Testing via Nonparametric Series Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1133-1159, September.
- Trevor S. Breusch, 1986. "Hypothesis Testing in Unidentified Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(4), pages 635-651.
- Gérard Letac & Hélène Massam, 2004. "All Invariant Moments of the Wishart Distribution," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 31(2), pages 295-318.
- Rothernberg, Thomas J, 1984. "Hypothesis Testing in Linear Models When the Error Covariance Matrix Is Nonscalar," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 827-842, July.
- Donald, Stephen G. & Imbens, Guido W. & Newey, Whitney K., 2003. "Empirical likelihood estimation and consistent tests with conditional moment restrictions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 55-93, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patrick Richard, 2014. "Bootstrap tests in linear models with many regressors," Cahiers de recherche 14-06, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Ledoit, Olivier & Wolf, Michael, 2015.
"Spectrum estimation: A unified framework for covariance matrix estimation and PCA in large dimensions,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 360-384.
- Olivier Ledoit & Michael Wolf, 2013. "Spectrum estimation: a unified framework for covariance matrix estimation and PCA in large dimensions," ECON - Working Papers 105, Department of Economics - University of Zurich, revised Jul 2013.
- Calhoun, Gray, 2011.
"Hypothesis testing in linear regression when k/n is large,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 165(2), pages 163-174.
- Calhoun, Gray, 2010. "Hypothesis Testing in Linear Regression when K/N is Large," Staff General Research Papers Archive 32216, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- repec:sbe:breart:v:31:y:2011:i:2:a:7173 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Wenjie & Kaffo, Maximilien, 2016. "Bootstrap inference for instrumental variable models with many weak instruments," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 192(1), pages 231-268.
- Laurini, Márcio Poletti & Sanvicente, Antônio Zoratto & Monteiro, Rogério da Costa, 2011. "Generalized Tests of Investment Fund Performance," Brazilian Review of Econometrics, Sociedade Brasileira de Econometria - SBE, vol. 31(2), December.
- Dante Amengual & Luca Repetto, 2014. "Testing a Large Number of Hypotheses in Approximate Factor Models," Working Papers wp2014_1410, CEMFI.
More about this item
KeywordsAlternative asymptotic theory; Linear regression; Test size; Test power; F test; Wald test; Likelihood ratio test; Lagrange multiplier test;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:170:y:2012:i:2:p:368-382. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .