No spurious welfare gains from taxation: A further argument for the equivalent variation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ebert, Udo, 1995. "Consumer's Surplus: Simple Solutions to an Old Problem," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(4), pages 285-294, October.
- Facchini, Giovanni & Hammond, Peter J. & Nakata, Hiroyuki, 2001. "Spurious deadweight gains," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 33-37, July.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Mayshar, Joram, 1990. "On measures of excess burden and their application," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 263-289, December.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Weller, P A, 1979.
"The Three Consumer's Surpluses,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 46(182), pages 125-135, May.
- Dixit, A.K. & Weller, P.A., 1977. "The Three Consumer's Surpluses," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 119, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Hause, John C, 1975. "The Theory of Welfare Cost Measurement," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(6), pages 1145-1182, December.
- Chipman, John S & Moore, James C, 1980. "Compensating Variation, Consumer's Surplus, and Welfare," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 933-949, December.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1985. "Linear demand functions in theory and practice," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 147-166, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Farajzadeh, Zakariya & Zhu, Xueqin & Bakhshoodeh, Mohammad, 2017. "Trade reform in Iran for accession to the World Trade Organization: Analysis of welfare and environmental impacts," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 75-85.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:96:y:2007:i:3:p:325-330. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .