The effect of using grouped data on the estimation of the Gini income elasticity
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Villasenor, JoseA. & Arnold, Barry C., 1989. "Elliptical Lorenz curves," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 327-338, February.
- Garner, Thesia I, 1993. "Consumer Expenditures and Inequality: An Analysis Based on Decomposition of the Gini Coefficient," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(1), pages 134-138, February.
- Gastwirth, Joseph L & Glauberman, Marcia, 1976. "The Interpolation of the Lorenz Curve and Gini Index from Grouped Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(3), pages 479-483, May.
- Shujie Yao, 1999. "On the decomposition of Gini coefficients by population class and income source: a spreadsheet approach and application," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(10), pages 1249-1264.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1991. "Calculating Jackknife Variance Estimators for Parameters of the Gini Method," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(2), pages 235-239, April.
- Kakwani, N C & Podder, N, 1973. "On the Estimation of Lorenz Curves from Grouped Observations," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(2), pages 278-292, June.
- Slottje, Daniel J., 1990. "Using grouped data for constructing inequality indices : Parametric vs. non-parametric methods," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 193-197, February.
- Wodon, Quentin & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 2002. "Inequality and Social Welfare," MPRA Paper 12298, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Esmaiel Abounoori & Patrick McCloughan, 2000. "Measuring The Gini Coefficient: An Empirical Assessment Of Non-Parametric And Parametric Methods," Research Papers 2000_06, University of Liverpool Management School.
- Mazzarino, Giuseppe, 1986. "Fitting of Distribution Curves to Grouped Data," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(2), pages 189-200, May.
- Brown, J A C & Mazzarino, G, 1984. "Drawing the Lorenz Curve and Calculating the Gini Concentration Index from Grouped Data by Computer," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 46(3), pages 273-278, August.
- Ortega, P, et al, 1991. "A New Functional Form for Estimating Lorenz Curves," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 37(4), pages 447-452, December.
- Ogwang, Tomson & Gouranga Rao, U. L., 1996. "A new functional form for approximating the Lorenz curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 21-29, July.
- Jose-Mari Sarabia, 1997. "A hierarchy of lorenz curves based on the generalized tukey's lambda distribution," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 305-320.
- Lerman, Robert I. & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1989. "Improving the accuracy of estimates of Gini coefficients," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 43-47, September.
- Basmann, R. L. & Hayes, K. J. & Slottje, D. J. & Johnson, J. D., 1990. "A general functional form for approximating the Lorenz curve," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1-2), pages 77-90.
- Kakwani, Nanak C & Podder, N, 1976. "Efficient Estimation of the Lorenz Curve and Associated Inequality Measures from Grouped Observations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(1), pages 137-148, January.
- George Deltas, 2003. "The Small-Sample Bias of the Gini Coefficient: Results and Implications for Empirical Research," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(1), pages 226-234, February.