The effect of using grouped data on the estimation of the Gini income elasticity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Villasenor, JoseA. & Arnold, Barry C., 1989. "Elliptical Lorenz curves," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 327-338, February.
- Gastwirth, Joseph L & Glauberman, Marcia, 1976. "The Interpolation of the Lorenz Curve and Gini Index from Grouped Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(3), pages 479-483, May.
- Shujie Yao, 1999. "On the decomposition of Gini coefficients by population class and income source: a spreadsheet approach and application," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(10), pages 1249-1264.
- Kakwani, N C & Podder, N, 1973. "On the Estimation of Lorenz Curves from Grouped Observations," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(2), pages 278-292, June.
- Wodon, Quentin & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 2002. "Inequality and Social Welfare," MPRA Paper 12298, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Esmaiel Abounoori & Patrick McCloughan, 2000. "Measuring The Gini Coefficient: An Empirical Assessment Of Non-Parametric And Parametric Methods," Research Papers 2000_06, University of Liverpool Management School.
- Mazzarino, Giuseppe, 1986. "Fitting of Distribution Curves to Grouped Data," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(2), pages 189-200, May.
- Brown, J A C & Mazzarino, G, 1984. "Drawing the Lorenz Curve and Calculating the Gini Concentration Index from Grouped Data by Computer," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 46(3), pages 273-278, August.
- Ortega, P, et al, 1991. "A New Functional Form for Estimating Lorenz Curves," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 37(4), pages 447-452, December.
- Ogwang, Tomson & Gouranga Rao, U. L., 1996. "A new functional form for approximating the Lorenz curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 21-29, July.
- Kakwani, Nanak C & Podder, N, 1976. "Efficient Estimation of the Lorenz Curve and Associated Inequality Measures from Grouped Observations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(1), pages 137-148, January.
- George Deltas, 2003. "The Small-Sample Bias of the Gini Coefficient: Results and Implications for Empirical Research," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(1), pages 226-234, February.
- Garner, Thesia I, 1993. "Consumer Expenditures and Inequality: An Analysis Based on Decomposition of the Gini Coefficient," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(1), pages 134-138, February.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1991. "Calculating Jackknife Variance Estimators for Parameters of the Gini Method," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(2), pages 235-239, April.
- Slottje, Daniel J., 1990. "Using grouped data for constructing inequality indices : Parametric vs. non-parametric methods," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 193-197, February.
- Jose-Mari Sarabia, 1997. "A hierarchy of lorenz curves based on the generalized tukey's lambda distribution," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 305-320.
- Lerman, Robert I. & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1989. "Improving the accuracy of estimates of Gini coefficients," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 43-47, September.
- Basmann, R. L. & Hayes, K. J. & Slottje, D. J. & Johnson, J. D., 1990. "A general functional form for approximating the Lorenz curve," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1-2), pages 77-90.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Druckman, A. & Jackson, T., 2008. "Measuring resource inequalities: The concepts and methodology for an area-based Gini coefficient," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 242-252, April.
- Andrew Leigh, 2005. "Deriving Long-Run Inequality Series from Tax Data," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 81(s1), pages 58-70, August.
- Riyana Miranti & Rebecca Cassells & Yogi Vidyattama & Justine Mc Namara, 2015. "Measuring Small Area Inequality Using Spatial Microsimulation: Lessons Learned from Australia," International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 8(2), pages 152-175.
- Souche, Stéphanie & Mercier, Aurélie & Ovtracht, Nicolas, 2015. "Income and access inequalities of a cordon pricing," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 20-30.
- Maria Denisa VASILESCU & Larisa STANILA & Amalia CRISTESCU, 2014. "The evolution of earnings inequality in Romania," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 39(2(48)), pages 88-99, December.
- Ajwad, Mohamed Ishan & Wodon, Quentin, 2002. "Who Benefits from Increased Access to Public Services at the Local Level? A Marginal Benefit Incidence Analysis for Education and Basic Infrastructure," MPRA Paper 12309, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:78:y:2003:i:2:p:153-159. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .