A general functional form for approximating the Lorenz curve
- Basmann, R. L.
- Hayes, K. J.
- Slottje, D. J.
- Johnson, J. D.
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Ryu, Hang K. & Slottje, Daniel J., 1996. "Two flexible functional form approaches for approximating the Lorenz curve," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 251-274.
- Sarabia, J. -M. & Castillo, Enrique & Slottje, Daniel J., 1999. "An ordered family of Lorenz curves," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 43-60, July.
- Chotikapanich, Duangkamon & Griffiths, William E, 2002.
"Estimating Lorenz Curves Using a Dirichlet Distribution,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(2), pages 290-295, April.
- Duangkamon Chotikapanich & William E. Griffiths, 2000. "Estimating Lorenz Curves Using a Dirichlet Distribution," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1215, Econometric Society.
- Chotikapanich, D. & Griffiths, W., 2001. "Estimating Lorenz Curves Using a Dirichlet Distribution," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 802, The University of Melbourne.
- Kwang Soo Cheong, 1999. "A Comparison of Alternative Functional Forms For Parametric Estimation of the Lorenz Curve," Working Papers 199902, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Sarabia Alegría, J.M & Pascual Sáez, Marta, 2001. "Rankings de distribuciones de renta basados en curvas de Lorenz ordenadas: un estudio empírico1," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 19, pages 151-169, Diciembre.
- Gholamreza Hajargasht & William E. Griffiths, 2016. "Inference for Lorenz Curves," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 2022, The University of Melbourne.
- Sarabia, José María & Castillo, Enrique & Pascual, Marta & Sarabia, María, 2005. "Mixture Lorenz curves," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 89-94, October.
- Florent Bresson, 2010. "A general class of inequality elasticities of poverty," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 8(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Duangkamon Chotikapanich & William Griffiths, 2005. "Averaging Lorenz curves," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 3(1), pages 1-19, April.
- Duangkamon Chotikapanich & William E. Griffiths, 2003. "Averaging Lorenz Curves," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 22/03, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- WANG, Zuxiang & SMYTH, Russell & NG, Yew-Kwang, 2009. "A new ordered family of Lorenz curves with an application to measuring income inequality and poverty in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 218-235, June.
- Wodon, Quentin & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 2003. "The effect of using grouped data on the estimation of the Gini income elasticity," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 153-159, February.
- E. Gómez-Déniz, 2016. "A family of arctan Lorenz curves," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 1215-1233, November.
- Miguel Sordo & Jorge Navarro & José Sarabia, 2014. "Distorted Lorenz curves: models and comparisons," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 42(4), pages 761-780, April.
- Thomas, Saji & Senauer, Benjamin, 1993. "The Distribution Of Full Income Versus Money Income In The United States," Staff Papers 13986, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- ZuXiang Wang & Yew-Kwang Ng & Russell Smyth, 2007. "Revisiting The Ordered Family Of Lorenz Curves," Monash Economics Working Papers 19-07, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Ogwang, Tomson & Gouranga Rao, U. L., 1996. "A new functional form for approximating the Lorenz curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 21-29, July.
- Ogwang, Tomson & Rao, U. L. Gouranga, 2000. "Hybrid models of the Lorenz curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 39-44, October.
- Sarabia, José María & Prieto, Faustino & Sarabia, María, 2010. "Revisiting a functional form for the Lorenz curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 249-252, May.
- Wan, Guang Hua, 2001. "Changes in regional inequality in rural China: decomposing the Gini index by income sources," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 45(3), September.
- Herrerías Pleguezuelo, R. & García Fernández, R. Mª, 2001. "Un análisis de la desigualdad de la renta entre las provincias andaluzas, a partir de los datos de la E.B.P.F. y de renta corregidos (1990-91), utilizando estimaciones de combinaciones lineales convex," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 19, pages 21-36, Diciembre.
- Sarabia, José María & Gómez-Déniz, Emilio & Sarabia, María & Prieto, Faustino, 2010. "A general method for generating parametric Lorenz and Leimkuhler curves," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 524-539.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:43:y:1990:i:1-2:p:77-90. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed