Threshold voting leads to Type-Revelation
Under Threshold voting, voters casts ballots which include a vector of cardinal utilities (a type) and a real number (a threshold). We prove that a voter has an incentive to reveal his type: for each insincere ballot, there is a sincere ballot that the voter prefers.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barbera, Salvador & Dutta, Bhaskar & Sen, Arunava, 2005.
"Corrigendum to "Strategy-proof social choice correspondences" [J. Econ. Theory 101 (2001) 374-394],"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 275-275, February.
- Barbera, Salvador & Dutta, Bhaskar & Sen, Arunava, 2001. "Strategy-proof Social Choice Correspondences," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 374-394, December.
- Núñez, Matías & Laslier, Jean-François, 2015. "Bargaining through Approval," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 63-73.
- Matias Nunez & Jean-Francois Laslier, 2014. "Bargaining through Approval," THEMA Working Papers 2014-06, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Matias Nunez & Jean-François Laslier, 2015. "Bargaining through Approval," PSE Working Papers halshs-01168675, HAL.
- Matias Nunez & Jean-François Laslier, 2015. "Bargaining through Approval," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-01321737, HAL.
- Matias Nunez & Jean-François Laslier, 2015. "Bargaining through Approval," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-01310223, HAL.
- Peters, Hans & Roy, Souvik & Sen, Arunava & Storcken, Ton, 2014. "Probabilistic strategy-proof rules over single-peaked domains," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 123-127.
- Storcken A.J.A. & Peters H.J.M. & Roy S. & Sen A., 2013. "Probabilistic Strategy-Proof Rules over Single-Peaked Domains," Research Memorandum 040, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Jean-François Laslier & Matías Núñez & Carlos Pimienta, 2015. "Reaching Consensus Through Simultaneous Bargaining," Discussion Papers 2015-08, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Gibbard, Allan, 1978. "Straightforwardness of Game Forms with Lotteries as Outcomes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(3), pages 595-614, May.
- Ehlers, Lars & Peters, Hans & Storcken, Ton, 2002. "Strategy-Proof Probabilistic Decision Schemes for One-Dimensional Single-Peaked Preferences," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 408-434, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:136:y:2015:i:c:p:211-213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.