Selling patent rights and the incentive to innovate
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Morton I. Kamien & Yair Tauman, 1986.
"Fees Versus Royalties and the Private Value of a Patent,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 101(3), pages 471-491.
- Morton I. Kamien & Yair Tauman, 1984. "Fees Versus Royalties and the Private Value of a Patent," Discussion Papers 583, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Michael L. Katz & Carl Shapiro, 1986. "How to License Intangible Property," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(3), pages 567-589.
- Wang, X. Henry, 1998. "Fee versus royalty licensing in a Cournot duopoly model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 55-62, July.
- Sen, Debapriya & Tauman, Yair, 2007.
"General licensing schemes for a cost-reducing innovation,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 163-186, April.
- Debapriya Sen & Yair Tauman, 2002. "General licensing schemes for a cost-reducing innovation," Department of Economics Working Papers 02-03, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters,in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kamien, Morton I & Tauman, Yair, 2002. "Patent Licensing: The Inside Story," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 70(1), pages 7-15, January.
- Kamien, Morton I., 1992. "Patent licensing," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications,in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 331-354 Elsevier.
- Kamien, Morton I. & Oren, Shmuel S. & Tauman, Yair, 1992. "Optimal licensing of cost-reducing innovation," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 483-508.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Weng, Ming-Hung, 2012. "Demand structure and the incentive to innovate," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 248-251.
- Sinha, Uday Bhanu, 2016.
"Optimal value of a patent in an asymmetric Cournot duopoly market,"
Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 93-105.
- Uday Bhanu Sinha, 2015. "Optimal Value Of A Patent In An Asymmetric Cournot Duopoly Market," Working papers 245, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- BHATTACHARYA, Sudipto & D’ASPREMONT, Claude & GURIEV, Sergei & SEN, Debapriya, 2012. "Cooperation in R&D: patenting, licensing and contracting," CORE Discussion Papers 2012055, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Stefano Colombo & Luigi Filippini, 2015.
"Patent Licensing with Bertrand Competitors,"
University of Manchester, vol. 83(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Stefano Colombo & Luigi Filippini, 2012. "Patent licensing with Bertrand competitors," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Teoria Economica e Metodi Quantitativi itemq1262, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Shuai Niu, 2015. "Privatization in the presence of patent licensing," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 116(2), pages 151-163, October.
- Yair Tauman & Debrapiya Sen, 2012. "Patents and Licenses," Department of Economics Working Papers 12-05, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Banerjee, Swapnendu & Poddar, Sougata, 2017. "‘To sell or not to sell’: Licensing versus Selling by an outside innovator," MPRA Paper 80432, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:kap:jeczfn:v:121:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00712-017-0528-6 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPatent licensing; Cournot oligopoly; Process innovation; Patent rights; Incentive to innovate;
- D45 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Rationing; Licensing
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:114:y:2012:i:3:p:241-244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .