Welfare effects of unanticipated policy changes with complete asset markets
This paper analyzes the welfare effects of unanticipated policy changes in a model with complete asset markets and heterogeneous agents. There are two effects: an effect of the change in wealth and a direct effect from the price change.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chatterjee, Satyajit, 1994. "Transitional dynamics and the distribution of wealth in a neoclassical growth model," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 97-119, May.
- Young, Eric R., 2004.
"Unemployment insurance and capital accumulation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(8), pages 1683-1710, November.
- Eric Young, 2003. "Code for "Unemployment Insurance and Capital Accumulation"," QM&RBC Codes 148, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Per Krusell & Toshihiko Mukoyama & Aysegul Sahin & Anthony A. Smith, Jr., 2008.
"Appendices for "Revisiting the Welfare Effects of Eliminating Business Cycles","
08-211, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Per Krusell & Toshihiko Mukoyama & Aysegul Sahin & Anthony A. Smith, Jr., 2009. "Revisiting the Welfare Effects of Eliminating Business Cycles," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 12(3), pages 393-402, July.
- Mukoyama, Toshihiko, 2013.
"Understanding the welfare effects of unemployment insurance policy in general equilibrium,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(PB), pages 347-368.
- Toshihiko Mukoyama, 2010. "Understanding the Welfare Effects of Unemployment Insurance Policy in General Equilibrium," 2010 Meeting Papers 286, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Caselli, G & Ventura, J, 1996.
"A Representative Consumer Theory of Distribution,"
534, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Matthias Doepke & Martin Schneider, 2006. "Inflation and the Redistribution of Nominal Wealth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(6), pages 1069-1097, December.
- David Domeij & Jonathan Heathcote, 2004. "On The Distributional Effects Of Reducing Capital Taxes," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 45(2), pages 523-554, 05.
- Jonathan Heathcote & Kjetil Storesletten & Giovanni L. Violante, 2007.
"Insurance and Opportunities: A Welfare Analysis of Labor Market Risk,"
NBER Working Papers
13673, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heathcote, Jonathan & Storesletten, Kjetil & Violante, Giovanni L., 2008. "Insurance and opportunities: A welfare analysis of labor market risk," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 501-525, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:109:y:2010:i:2:p:134-138. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.